1920 (Golden Era) Contract Progressive Lg (Full) Topic

just curious whats the protocol for deciding the city/ballpark for each owner.
7/31/2023 4:17 PM
Good question.....the 16 ballparks in use in 1920 will be the available parks. As part of the initial draft, owners will draft the park of their choice.
7/31/2023 5:00 PM
I'll play
8/1/2023 6:15 PM
I'll join.
8/1/2023 6:45 PM
I’m in
8/1/2023 9:14 PM
Great, glad to have you all! Very close to filling :)
8/1/2023 10:01 PM
one more question....do the contracts only cover the seasons in which the player is in the WifS database (ie: do IR seasons count against contract length?)
8/2/2023 10:15 AM
Another good question, yes IR seasons count as a year on the contract.... rationale being that in real life the team is responsible for honoring the contract even if the player is injured and missed the entire season. That will be part of the strategy aspect of the league.
8/2/2023 11:10 AM
I wanted to let everybody know, I have created a private forum for us and have posted the initial draft list. I have added access for each of you. Each player has his PA/IP listed as well as his normalized OPS/ERA and salary.

Also, we will have enough players to allow each team to draft 3 players and place them in the minor leagues (or more if some teams choose not to use AAA at all. If the group wants to allow real life AAA players to help with fatigue issues, then I would have no problem with that. We can think about that and decide if necessary.......obviously these extra players would count against your contract budget.
8/2/2023 12:11 PM
Haven't seen the private forum yet.
8/3/2023 8:41 AM
Posted by poppapomp on 8/3/2023 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Haven't seen the private forum yet.
Ooops, I failed to get you added. You should be good to go now………
8/3/2023 8:46 AM
Posted by neabaseball on 8/3/2023 8:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by poppapomp on 8/3/2023 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Haven't seen the private forum yet.
Ooops, I failed to get you added. You should be good to go now………
Now I see it. Thanks!
8/3/2023 9:22 AM
Lots of all-time greats to choose from...
8/3/2023 8:10 PM
Posted by pmars2001 on 8/3/2023 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Lots of all-time greats to choose from...
Dibs on Ruth
8/4/2023 5:55 PM
I will play...
8/4/2023 6:32 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
1920 (Golden Era) Contract Progressive Lg (Full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.