LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by tangplay on 2/20/2018 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2018 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Let me throw out a question you're not supposed to ask in the 21st century. Is it possible that races are genetically superior to other races in different areas?
I don't buy it. No scientific proof.
Are you sure about that? I haven't researched, but blacks tend to be more athletic as a whole, Asians tend to achieve more academically in math. It could be cultural, but there is a chance it's genetic. We know with blacks that as slaves the physically superior ones were bred.
2/20/2018 11:18 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2018 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Let me throw out a question you're not supposed to ask in the 21st century. Is it possible that races are genetically superior to other races in different areas?
Are you sure about that? I haven't researched, but blacks tend to be more athletic as a whole, Asians tend to achieve more academically in math. It could be cultural, but there is a chance it's genetic. We know with blacks that as slaves the physically superior ones were bred.
I am thinking cultural. Are you saying that it may be that the overall mean of athletic performance may be greater for one race or another or that some races are genetically superior? Because those are two different arguments.
2/20/2018 11:20 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/20/2018 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2018 11:18:00 AM (view original):
I am thinking cultural. Are you saying that it may be that the overall mean of athletic performance may be greater for one race or another or that some races are genetically superior? Because those are two different arguments.
im really not arguing one or another, but my hypothesis is option 2. I wouldn't say that any race is "superior", but rather that races as a whole have different superior strengths.
2/20/2018 11:24 AM
Interesting.
2/20/2018 11:32 AM
i completly believe that all races are equal but darwinian adaptations can favor certain traits like dark skin in sunny climates.

a lot of people are blithely unaware that all white people are asian.
caucasian = white asian.
2/20/2018 12:02 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/20/2018 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Baiting and trolling and ridiculously Nazi-like statements. Jews are "biologically...smarter"???????????? FU!

Boris, I believe you a trollfarm worker paid by REAL Russians and I won't waste any of my future time debating with you!!
You're NOT an American citizen is my belief. I want proof you are!
Bob, do you really believe CCCP is a trollfarm worker paid by Russia? And he's not an American citizen? Really? or were you joking? If you really believe that you might be a bit paranoid. I am not big fan of just about anything CCCP espouses, but I'm pretty sure he's an American citizen. He gave it away when he said that as long as Trump put money in CCCP's pocket, kept the military strong (although I'm not sure what Trump has done in this regard other than ask for a parade and talk about it) and supported Israel, CCCP was happy and didn't care about anyone else.
2/20/2018 12:22 PM
Well......... that's a decent point in regards to CCCP. Greed is a pretty common trait of Bankers........ But it's universal. Russkies are greedy, too! I don't buy the very concept of a "proud" Jewish person who doesn't respect the importance of History and who commonly espouses racist and intolerant views to others............. doesn't pass the smell test to me.......... MOST Jewish folks understand racism quite well. They don't practice it!
2/20/2018 12:35 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/20/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Well......... that's a decent point in regards to CCCP. Greed is a pretty common trait of Bankers........ But it's universal. Russkies are greedy, too! I don't buy the very concept of a "proud" Jewish person who doesn't respect the importance of History and who commonly espouses racist and intolerant views to others............. doesn't pass the smell test to me.......... MOST Jewish folks understand racism quite well. They don't practice it!
thats a beautiful statement you said..
i can only tell you that i was taught in my household to never be racist and to do everything my sister and i could do to fight racism and we were taught to take pride in members of my group that worked with mlk and marched in the 60s and to honor those who lost lost their lives and to support politicians that fought racism..we were taught this to be a moral imperative.
we were taught to revere progress and this was also taught in hebrew school.......and stressed very often in the synagogue....african - americans were always seen as our brothers and sisters who needed our help and it was a sin to not offer it.
that was my household.
2/20/2018 1:06 PM
i personally feel tremendous offense at racism......anti -gay sentiment....anti- immigrants.....misunderstanding about israel.......not putting gun safety before gun ownership.......protecting our world from climate damage.........thats my dna.......it is what i am.....my identity....im proud to have been molded that way as a child and continue to mold myself and my family to have those values..
2/20/2018 1:13 PM
That's fine as long as you're not demeaning to people who share different views, which oftentimes you can be. A large portion of what you believe is becoming universally accepted, but not everything and it doesn't make people who disagree with you bad people.
2/20/2018 1:45 PM
Actually there is.
2/20/2018 1:48 PM
The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life is a 1994 book by psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in which the authors argue that human intelligence is substantially influenced by both inherited and environmental factors and that it is a better predictor of many personal dynamics, including financial income, job performance, birth out of wedlock, and involvement in crime than are an individual's parental socioeconomic status.
2/20/2018 1:50 PM
I am racist? Since when?
2/20/2018 1:55 PM
Hey Bob, I will say this. If you're ever in Boston (and not in July) call me and we'll grab drinks.
2/20/2018 2:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...236|237|238|239|240...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.