Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Posted by dyoungquist on 8/3/2021 9:14:00 AM (view original):
long time drinking buddies Jim Beam, Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels talk baseball on the blog every season.
I second that. The blog in this world is no doubt the best in all of HBD.

Looks like we're down to one opening. Come on in!
8/3/2021 9:54 AM
fun, competitive, no-drama league. come k
join—one team remaining, and it was a division-winner last season.
8/3/2021 12:41 PM
Looks like we got our last owner and are full. Please keep our league in mind for next time! (Right now, though, Kinsella World is looking for three new owners, and that league is pretty great, too.) ;0)
8/3/2021 1:01 PM
Whelp, Season 54 is in the Championship round and we are going to have at least two openings heading into Season 55.

If any new user wants to come in at the tail end of this season to get their franchise ready for NEXT season, that can be arranged. Just sitemail me with your interest and I'll share which franchises are available for instant transfer.

-Stick
10/22/2021 3:23 PM
Still looking for someone to come onboard. We have two FOR SURE openings that can be filled today, prior to rollover, if you want a chance to get your franchise lined up for next season. Sitemail me with your request and I'll swap you in!

-Stick
10/25/2021 12:01 PM
I think we are down to just one opening. We rollover tomorrow, Monday Nov 1st. Sitemail me for the password, and we can have an instant rollover!

Come join our league. Check out our Blog, see for yourself!

-Stick
10/31/2021 12:38 PM
We may have had another top tier franchise just become available. We have two really solid franchises possibly open, and one rebuild/high draft pick type of franchise. Sitemail me for the password! -Stick
11/1/2021 11:45 AM
There are now two teams available in the NL. The AL, I think, is full, with one of our top owners still missing, which is not like him. Don't let the one apparent vacancy over there fool you, I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back.

You can choose EITHER of the vacancies in the NL though! Check them out:

1. The NL East team was previously run by iam4real and was a division winner. He is one of the best owners in the world but decided to skip on over the AL to a different franchise. His former team, the Jacksonville Bandits, has won the division for the last 5 seasons straight -- and it isn't like the ML team isn't old and washed up either. 105 wins last season. Just a solid all around ML team. Minor league talent is about average.

2. The NL South team is a really odd bird. The former owner amassed some really talented players, but they finished last in that division (with 73 wins). It features what might be the best starting OF and one of the best catchers in the entire world, has some pretty darned good pitchers, too. I think it must have just been mismanaged this last season -- the season prior, it took first place in the division. The minor leagues look very, very good (possibly tops in the entire world). I think this franchise gets about the #10 overall draft pick (plus or minus) this upcoming season. Such an easy overhaul!

If you join now, we will, I think, have a rapid rollover.

Sitemail me for the password.

We'd love to have you onboard.

-Stick
11/1/2021 3:28 PM (edited)
The NL South team is now spoken for, but that leaves the NL East team, which, as I said, has won the division 5 seasons straight. Also, if you really really want that AL team (the only one available), I'd say go for it. The delinquent owner is not returning my messages. So, unless he shows up immediately, we technically have the AL team and the NL East team to fill before the season begins. That should fill VERY fast, so ...

ACT NOW!!!

If you want in just to check it out, here is the link. I don't normally do this, but we are SO close to filling ... what the heck?:

Click here:
http://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/World/Home.aspx?worldid=-134&password=Whitey%20LeBlanc

Poke your head in, see if you like what you see ... check out the World Rules under the Admin tab while you are at it, then head over to our Blog as well.

-Stick
11/2/2021 11:02 AM
The NL South and the NL East teams, 1 ea. described above, are both available at this time. A real opportunity. We never have franchises that good available in this world. Click the link shown above and you are IN!!!
11/3/2021 11:27 AM
Join us. Fun league, a lot of strong teams.
11/4/2021 1:08 PM
great league and we’re almost ready to roll. join now and let’s get he party started!
11/4/2021 2:43 PM
no drama and a fun blog
11/4/2021 3:27 PM
the two available teams are both in good shape.
11/4/2021 7:21 PM
Whelp, we just had another nail-biter of a WS finale and are about to roll over. We have two franchises up for grabs.
  1. The first is an historically contending ML team that has had a very good owner and is in good shape, overall, despite a losing record last season. (The Augusta Lobsters in the NL East).
  2. The other is a franchise (that I am sure is available) has had extremely high draft picks recently and will have another one this season -- the number ONE pick! The ML team is quite mediocre (but better than the record would suggest, I think). HOWEVER, the good draft picks have been adding up and this would be an easy franchise to turn around. (The Albuquerque Dukes in the NL West).

Our league rules are very lax, just don't tank your ML team on purpose to get high draft picks ... those rules are on our blog (which is quite active) and also under the Admin window in our world. You get to choose, of course, your city and team nickname.

Sitemail me for the password and we will be up and running in just a couple of days! I anticipate a very rapid rollover, so act fast!

-Stick
2/1/2022 12:19 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...30 Next ▸
Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.