Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Yes - I updated the front rules section. Total of 7 players from your franchise.
Will there be a salary cap?
4/7/2020 1:38 PM
I want to have a salary CAP so the winners are not put in a $255 TOC. With 2 legacy I'm leaning towards 120-130.
4/7/2020 1:56 PM
The Tigers (still waiting on owners response) and Baltimore are left.

I know I said I'd take the last team, but I wasn't thinking about the alignment. With my other team (Red Sox) I can't take another AL team on unless someone from the NL switches or takes one of them.
4/7/2020 2:11 PM
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 1:56:00 PM (view original):
I want to have a salary CAP so the winners are not put in a $255 TOC. With 2 legacy I'm leaning towards 120-130.
Not sure about the cap. If you have one I think it needs to be at least $150 mil. Not a big favorite of cap leagues..
4/7/2020 2:17 PM
landry19: White Sox
1st Territorial Hitter--Luis Aparicio
2nd Territorial Hitter--Nellie Fox
1st Territorial Pitcher--Early Wynn
2nd Territorial Pitcher--Billy Pierce
Wild Card Player--Jim Landis
Legacy Pitcher:--Ed Walsh
Legacy Hitter:-- Luke Appling
4/7/2020 2:20 PM
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 1:56:00 PM (view original):
I want to have a salary CAP so the winners are not put in a $255 TOC. With 2 legacy I'm leaning towards 120-130.
I vote for $130 million.
4/7/2020 2:26 PM
Posted by luvyablue on 4/7/2020 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 1:56:00 PM (view original):
I want to have a salary CAP so the winners are not put in a $255 TOC. With 2 legacy I'm leaning towards 120-130.
Not sure about the cap. If you have one I think it needs to be at least $150 mil. Not a big favorite of cap leagues..
Not really trying to CAP the league down. Just to bring it down to fit and be placed in with the other TOC's. Sides even with 30-40M on Legacy the league would still play as an 80-90M league so 130-140M might be what it ends up
4/7/2020 2:28 PM
$130M seems right, average over $5M per player
4/7/2020 2:31 PM
$130 million os good
4/7/2020 3:30 PM
I would vote for the highest cap you can do. From what you said I'd go with $140-$150 Mil.
4/7/2020 4:07 PM
Posted by danidon on 4/7/2020 1:56:00 PM (view original):
I want to have a salary CAP so the winners are not put in a $255 TOC. With 2 legacy I'm leaning towards 120-130.
For the TOC, don't you just go into the tournament of your team's salary. If you salary is 87 million you go in the 80 mil TOC, IF it's 94 mil you go into the 90 mil TOC. 101 mil goes in the 100 mil TOC.
4/7/2020 4:08 PM
I prefer a cap on the low side of those being considered.
4/7/2020 4:17 PM
Before I list my players, a technical question on the Legacy players:
If a player ends his career with my team with a split season, do I have to use that season or can I skip it?

Jack Chesboro was with NY from 1903-1908, so I definitely use those five seasons. But in 1909 he has seasons available with NY and with Boston. Do I have to use that season with NY (50 or so bad innings) or can I consider him gone and pick up another legacy?
4/7/2020 4:34 PM
If he has a WIS version he must be used for that final terrible season.

Actually if you check BBR he had 49 innings with NYY and the rest with Boston. So if Boston wanted him he would skip 1909, but in this case he had no other seasons with Boston and I wouldn't want him.
4/7/2020 4:51 PM (edited)
I don't think the CAP is going to be an issue besides the use of the likes of Silver King 30M if he got paired with say 19M Hornsby. That would still give the team 80M of regulars from that season to max out 130M. I can't see anyone getting to 150-160 at this point.

Also TOC is set by the CAP's. I've been sitting in a 200M one for feels like 6 months waiting to fill up. My salary is only 90M with AAA - I will get bombed.
4/7/2020 4:47 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.