MasterBlaster: By-Position Draft Topic

Going by the listed wis position is probably most fair.

Had an idea to make sure everyone gets a top four pick in a round with this format, would take a lot of using random.org though and it's hard to explain. 6 rounds (PG SG SF PF C 6th Man). Lump owners into 6 groups of 4. Then then each group cycle through their slot in the draft. For example, group one could get picks 1-4 in the PG round, 5-8 in the SG rounder, ect 20-24 in the 6th man round. Group two may have 20-24 in the PG round then 1-4 in the SG round. Then you randomize the four owners in each group for each round. To make the 6th man round more useful, do it last with a choice of any undrafted player at any salary. Maybe increase the cap by a couple of million.

That's probably too much but I was thinking about it earlier.
1/29/2015 5:05 PM
haha wow...nice find ltb

look at kevin willis going right before big ben haha....sim has changed big time...i remember being thrilled to get peja at sf during this draft

peja used to be a sim god(nash/allen/peja/rodman/moses anyone?)..and at sf too...now he doesnt even get drafted at sg

1/29/2015 5:14 PM
Yep, that was the reigning cookie cutter lineup for a long time, dh.  That was way back when I played open leagues, and I remember a lot of teams with Glen Rice and Dale Ellis at the wings (and something called a Gerald Govan at center, as often as not).
1/29/2015 5:19 PM
Who watches The Watcher?
1/29/2015 7:25 PM
the wife
1/29/2015 7:30 PM
"Wife" stopped this thing dead in it's tracks.  I would do the original version of this .
1/30/2015 9:16 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 1/29/2015 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 1/29/2015 1:13:00 PM (view original):
I'd play... The guy picking 1st in this draft certainly had an advantage with the way the positions came up. Lebron, Wilt, and whatever PG he wanted were guaranteed... Hard to lose like that, unless you pick guys like Corey Maggette.... 
Very true, and because of that it might make sense to mandate some kind of reasonably fair order for the positions.  Actually if C is first and any other position is second than the same owner won't end up with Wilt and Lebron.
I would suggest having the Center position drafted in the 2nd or 4th round. That way, the owners who get Wilt, Kareem, & Shaq, don't also get the top picks at 2 other positions, just 1, and then the 6/7 round..
1/30/2015 2:58 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 1/29/2015 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Instead of position eligibility, you could go by the position wis lists for the player. And in cases where players have different positions listed for different years (Dwight Howard comes to mind), you can draft him in the category you want but have to actually use a season where he's listed at that position.

For example, LeBron could only be drafted as a SF. Rodman could only be drafted as a PF. Dwight could be drafted as a PF or C but you can only draft a year where he's listed as a PF if you pick him in the PF category. You could play them in any position you want. Just a thought.
I like the 100% rule better. Gives owners way more options. Speaking of Rodman, he's listed as PF every season of his career, yet he played SF almost exclusively during his first 4 seasons.
1/30/2015 3:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34
MasterBlaster: By-Position Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.