WIS owner shawbigred - WIS MIA Topic

Yes, He has joined almost every League avaible to join... yes... I think Elvis has re-entered the Building... or should we say... Beam me up Scotty  
7/29/2011 7:43 AM
this sim is a drug
7/30/2011 2:13 PM
This is going to sound a bit morbid, but I've always wondered what the WIS world would say about me if I died in a car crash tonight and left my big ole' whopping five teams abandoned.  Then again, obviously opposite of Shaw, I have real life friends in WIS that would most likely let you know that (in the words of Ken Harrelson): "He gone"
8/5/2011 10:05 AM
Posted by slickstick81 on 7/21/2011 6:06:00 PM (view original):
There is this new user named scottyboy4 that joined in May of this year. Has already racked up 16 full season teams and is joining more and more progressives by the day. I remember shawbigred's name via site mails as Scott. Hmm
bump
9/23/2011 2:42 AM
Scottyboy4 is commissioner of an NFL Sim League Football league I'm in and has suddenly vanished. He also has 2 teams in my new progressive Sim League basketballleague which gives me great concern.
9/23/2011 10:24 AM
No answer from admin yet, but it's quite obvious.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/21/2011 8:04 PM hockeyhead
Hi, just checking in about owner shawbigred-scottyboy4, Are they the same person.

If they are the same person, he's screwed up many leagues. I don't think I can continue trying to cover for all of this mess in baseball and hockey leagues.

Thanks.
9/23/2011 5:54 PM Customer Support
Hi Sam,

We'll look into this and let you know what we find. Can you please elaborate some on the mess you're referring to?
9/23/2011 9:27 PM hockeyhead
A lot of people think that shaw and scotty are the same person. Including me. When he's here, he's a good player. The mess I'm talking about is all the teams he has in my leagues that are not being run properly now and that I'll have to find all new owners again just like when shawbigred quit. Shaw's name is Scott, I think he's from LA. as he always names his teams after LA or Anaheim.
9/28/2011 5:28 PM
I could think off many ways to blow off money instead of bying teams in bunches and then leaving .Strange to say the least.
9/29/2011 12:02 PM
it makes you wonder if some jackass at the site is having free fun at everyone's expense but his own
9/29/2011 6:12 PM
It's not free fun, its keeping leagues going,   for example he joined 2 of my leagues that might have not made it another year .  So the site has an financial incentive to 
plant a bogus owner and keep league a float.  I'll say this though he hasn't  made any bad moves as far as trades and draft picks etc..
9/29/2011 9:59 PM
9/21/2011 8:04 PM hockeyhead
Hi, just checking in about owner shawbigred-scottyboy4, Are they the same person.

If they are the same person, he's screwed up many leagues. I don't think I can continue trying to cover for all of this mess in baseball and hockey leagues.

Thanks.
9/23/2011 5:54 PM Customer Support
Hi Sam,

We'll look into this and let you know what we find. Can you please elaborate some on the mess you're referring to?
9/23/2011 9:27 PM hockeyhead
A lot of people think that shaw and scotty are the same person. Including me. When he's here, he's a good player. The mess I'm talking about is all the teams he has in my leagues that are not being run properly now and that I'll have to find all new owners again just like when shawbigred quit. Shaw's name is Scott, I think he's from LA. as he always names his teams after LA or Anaheim.
9/30/2011 11:22 AM Customer Support
Sam,

We believe there is a connection between the two accounts.

How can we best help you out at this point?

thanks
10/1/2011 4:34 AM
don't know for sure about any of the Shaw questions.  But I do remember about 4 years ago another owner--don't remember his ID--passed away.  Most of his teams were not in progressives.  Some thought he was a "Brewster's Millions" guy some lamented he was a jerk and some wished him good health.....took several months but it turned out he passed away.   When Shaw (Big Red) moved on wasn't that the same time of the disasterous tornadoes throughout the country?   I drove through AL.  A bunch of deaths and "big red" would fit a guy from there, or Cincy or Okla. or any number of places devastated by the catastrophic weather.

Anyway, I hope it wasn't a case of abandonment.  For those of us in his leagues that is bad.  The possible option I bring up above is worse!  Let's keep perspective. 
10/5/2011 4:11 PM
I don't have enough evidence to call anyone out at this point, but in watching the classifieds lately, version 3 could be with us
12/1/2011 11:07 AM
Very odd.....
12/2/2011 3:30 PM
This isn't really that important to a lot of people who play here. Some apologize for leaving abruptly. Others just leave abruptly, knowing they know nobody here and have no real allegiance(s). That is the reality of an anonymous game.
12/3/2011 4:32 AM
I think it is two different issues.....those that develop a reason to need to leave and those that really had no intention of staying in the first place
12/3/2011 9:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
WIS owner shawbigred - WIS MIA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.