NEW 1963 J4M formula Progressive - FULL Topic

Here is what I have, without the benifit of guys you said sent sitemail.
1.chargingryno
2.beachbum3494
3.rls1
4.contarian23
5.Disco Dogs
6.tradrr
7.cdpoet
8.N4ser
9.Husker75
10.kallison1
11.Just4me
12.fire13
13.bheid408
14.strubrosII
15.tycobb33
16.

is anyone missing from this list or is anyone on the list not wanting in?
4/18/2020 12:06 AM
Do you need one more?

I've been checking in and I have to say I'm intrigued. I've never tried the J4M Formula, but it sounds interesting.

The era is close to my heart. One of the first leagues I joined at the beginning was TrentonJoe's WIBHEL (What If Baseball Hadn't Expanded League), which began in '62.

And I've been in leagues with a bunch of you.

Count me in!

EDIT: Quick question--the AAA are useable, or only for trade purposes?
4/18/2020 12:27 AM (edited)
Posted by Disco Dogs on 4/18/2020 12:06:00 AM (view original):
Here is what I have, without the benifit of guys you said sent sitemail.
1.chargingryno
2.beachbum3494
3.rls1
4.contarian23
5.Disco Dogs
6.tradrr
7.cdpoet
8.N4ser
9.Husker75
10.kallison1
11.Just4me
12.fire13
13.bheid408
14.strubrosII
15.tycobb33
16.

is anyone missing from this list or is anyone on the list not wanting in?
Just4me won’t be joining at the moment - Too much going on. But we do have coldfoot and dbrom who signed up through sitemail.
4/18/2020 12:31 AM
Posted by dannino on 4/18/2020 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Do you need one more?

I've been checking in and I have to say I'm intrigued. I've never tried the J4M Formula, but it sounds interesting.

The era is close to my heart. One of the first leagues I joined at the beginning was TrentonJoe's WIBHEL (What If Baseball Hadn't Expanded League), which began in '62.

And I've been in leagues with a bunch of you.

Count me in!

EDIT: Quick question--the AAA are useable, or only for trade purposes?
If my math is correct we are currently at 16, but I have one who was possibly dropping off so if he does the slot is yours!
4/18/2020 12:32 AM
Posted by chargingryno on 4/18/2020 12:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dannino on 4/18/2020 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Do you need one more?

I've been checking in and I have to say I'm intrigued. I've never tried the J4M Formula, but it sounds interesting.

The era is close to my heart. One of the first leagues I joined at the beginning was TrentonJoe's WIBHEL (What If Baseball Hadn't Expanded League), which began in '62.

And I've been in leagues with a bunch of you.

Count me in!

EDIT: Quick question--the AAA are useable, or only for trade purposes?
If my math is correct we are currently at 16, but I have one who was possibly dropping off so if he does the slot is yours!
Thanks.
4/18/2020 1:30 AM
I sent airmail with my name and the user h_incandenza
4/18/2020 9:30 AM
Bheid has dropped for now so Dannino, the spot is yours!
4/18/2020 11:18 AM
Posted by chargingryno on 4/18/2020 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Bheid has dropped for now so Dannino, the spot is yours!
Excellent. Thanks. Looking forward to it.
4/18/2020 12:24 PM
Had an owner decide not to join. Still need one for the league!
4/21/2020 3:54 AM
Aloha, when it comes to our 6/4 aaa's, can we use RL names....? I get "finding" out is a source for some gents...but it is pretty tedious when one knows the RL option is an option....?
4/21/2020 5:08 PM
Posted by cpdpoet on 4/21/2020 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Aloha, when it comes to our 6/4 aaa's, can we use RL names....? I get "finding" out is a source for some gents...but it is pretty tedious when one knows the RL option is an option....?
Absolutely. In my mock league setup I have real names for AAA players.
4/21/2020 7:32 PM
Thanks - totally agree on real names.

One other request:
-- Please set "minors salary cap" to off
4/21/2020 8:00 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 4/21/2020 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Thanks - totally agree on real names.

One other request:
-- Please set "minors salary cap" to off
I can do that. Or at the very least make sure it’s in the rules.

if anyone has any other suggestions for rule sets, like preferences between 8/8 or 4/4/4/4 league set ups, I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions. Right now I like the 4/4/4/4 but if anyone has a good argument for 8/8 I could be persuaded :)
4/21/2020 8:48 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 4/21/2020 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by contrarian23 on 4/21/2020 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Thanks - totally agree on real names.

One other request:
-- Please set "minors salary cap" to off
I can do that. Or at the very least make sure it’s in the rules.

if anyone has any other suggestions for rule sets, like preferences between 8/8 or 4/4/4/4 league set ups, I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions. Right now I like the 4/4/4/4 but if anyone has a good argument for 8/8 I could be persuaded :)
When TrentonJoe had WIBHL, it was 8/8. He also had a rule that the team with the best record that failed to make the World Series had the #1 pick in Round 1 of the draft (remaining rounds were by order of finish). I always thought that was a unique way to reward a very good team that suffered under the circumstances.

On the other hand, 4/4/4/4 does allow for more teams to make the playoffs. Kallison1's True Rookie League was initially a 16-team league in this format, and in season 1, I won 115 games...and missed the playoffs! During the 12 or so seasons we were a 16-team league, I won my division once, in the last season of that format. And the other three owners dominated by winning most of the World Series!

So I'm good with either solution.
4/22/2020 11:17 AM
Full owners list:

1.Chargingryno
2. coldfoot
3. Contrarian23
4. Disco Dogs
5. Rls1
6. h_incandenza
7. Cpdpoet
8. N4ser
9. Husker75
10. Kallison1
11. Dbrom
12. Fire13
13. dannino
14. strubrosII
15. tycobb33
16. Harrelson

Waitlist:

Alice, Flbarons, Italyprof
4/23/2020 3:50 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NEW 1963 J4M formula Progressive - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.