Survivor XIV: winner announced Topic

I'll only ask one question for all 3 of u: who other than yourself deserves to win and why? PS my vote is still open to decision based on these answers
4/7/2017 7:00 PM
I would have to say waregl. He took some initiative and made some decisions that ultimately could have saved him from expulsion
4/7/2017 7:53 PM
Posted by darny10 on 4/7/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
I'll only ask one question for all 3 of u: who other than yourself deserves to win and why? PS my vote is still open to decision based on these answers
Victor was key to myself and Jim staying in the game as long as we did.
4/7/2017 8:48 PM
My final speech:

1st off I want to thank Golfpro for doing this. I can't imagine how time consuming it was to come up with all the idol clues, tribes, challenges and the like. I hope he or someone else decides to do it again. It was lots of fun.

Now for the game itself, as I said earlier in an answer I was very lucky in this game to not be voted out way earlier. I tried to set up alliances and guys that I was working with kept getting voted off. However, later (and early) alliances paid off huge and I want to thank everyone I worked with at whatever point to help me along. I thought the challenges got too detailed at times and were tough to understand, but I also was running on fumes from outside life things that probably made it tougher for me than it actually was. I think that some that worked with me know that I saved elimination for them at times also and that needs to be taken into consideration with the vote. If I don't win it is ok because both Jim and Victor were good players and it wouldn't be anything to be ashamed of losing to either of them. I hope that if there are repeat guys the next go around that we could work together (either again or for the first time) to maybe reach this point again. Congrats to all 21 of us for a great game. And I thank you for your support.
4/7/2017 8:57 PM
Well, since waregl has now posted and I'm next I figured I'd get it done now for everyone. First off, I appreciate the questions you guys asked and appreciate you guys choosing to remain for the jury.

Gamewise, I must say it was a grand challenge and was just perfect in time and everything so great job golfpro71. Now I want to specifically thank some of the guys I worked with, although things may not have been perfect between us, i still appreciate your help in my first time playing these games. Those guys being Csudak, darny, waregl, Jim, osgonlz, Grayfoxx, amongst others.

So i really gave it my all to contribute to the game as much as possible. It's tough sometimes taking all hour classes, working all the time, trying to balance an actual social life, and contribute to this game may have been a lot but I still managed to do the best for whoever I was working with or myself whenever needed. I do apologize for some of the moves or mistakes that were made by myself or the group but it was all part of the game in the long run and I hope for no hard feelings even after this game and hope to be able to work with any of y'all soon! Thanks for the great experience and thanks for your consideration. Jim and Waregl, good luck to you also! May the best win!
4/7/2017 9:14 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 4/7/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Since I was added and missed much of the ins and outs of the game - I will ask a philosophical question:

If you divide your play into percentages - What percent of your time playing this games divided into 1) effort in challenges - 2) effort in strategy WITH other players 3) effort in strategy AGAINST other players.

Give some examples if you wish, but state your case for your abilities to outwit, outlast, and outplay.
1. 50%
2. 30%
3. 20%

I thought it was important to find somebody, preferably a veteran of the game, to join up in an alliance. I was lucky that I was approached by csudak. We started an alliance that went nearly to the end. The decision to part ways with him was not easy, but if I had an chance to win, I thought it was necessary. I took what happened in the last Survivor and saw what transpired between golfpro and dagoat. There were a couple of players that wanted one of them to throw the other under the bus and said that that would have been the big move that the other needed.
I decided that not only was it the move I needed, but with csudak still in the game, I was looking at second place at best.
The final 4 challenge that golfpro put out was the most comprehensive challenge by far with the four, actually 5 parts since part 4 had 2 parts, and win the most important challenge of this game.
4/8/2017 12:31 AM
Posted by grayfoxx on 4/7/2017 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Question for go4itjim - What was your reason for joining WIS - the sports competition, or Survivor?
It seems that it cant be the sports competition because you have only had one baseball and 2 football seasons in a whole year.
Sports.
I joined WIS back in April and played a season of HBD, which I didn't care for too much. I am currently headed into my 3rd season of GD and am really starting to understand and like it I found the Survivor game from reading in the GD forums and played the previous contest, which started in October. I am a really big Survivor fan.
4/8/2017 12:40 AM
Posted by darny10 on 4/7/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
I'm guessing you are speaking of the 3 of us left. However, if not, hands down csudak played the best game in finding an idol and the advantage challenge. Csudak was really good in challenges and is a great competitor. If this based on the other 2 players, I would give the nod to waregl as he joined up with csudak and I later on after several of his alliances were voted out. I talked with him a few times during this game and feel like he did well just to get to this point based on those circumstances.
4/8/2017 12:58 AM
It's been a long day and I'll post my final speech later this morning, time to hit the sack.
4/8/2017 1:02 AM
I dont know if im too late but I have a question for all of you, who do you think was the most beneficial elimination to get you where you are right now?
4/8/2017 2:40 AM
Posted by Jaypm98 on 4/8/2017 2:40:00 AM (view original):
I dont know if im too late but I have a question for all of you, who do you think was the most beneficial elimination to get you where you are right now?
I'll answer it. For me it was Darny. He was building up an alliance that was a going to be a challenge to take down. Once we got him eliminated the dominoes started falling in the right way for me.
4/8/2017 9:54 AM
Posted by Jaypm98 on 4/8/2017 2:40:00 AM (view original):
This one is easy for me. It was the elimination of nyaggie when csudak was supposed to go, but someone forgot to vote and csudak, my main alliance, snuck through.
4/8/2017 11:02 AM
This was a very fun Survivor for me. I had fun doing the challenges, although I'm glad not all the challenges were like the Final 4 Challenge. That one was a comprehensive and took a good bit of time, I like more of the simple, not too time consuming ones. A big thanks to golfpro for hosting this Survivor and all I can say is, let's go it again soon! I feel honored to have made it this far being in the game with 2 quality opponents, waregl and Victor. Congratulations on making it this far, guys!
I feel this game had some good ideas, I liked the idol challenges and thought they were quite fun, and looking forward to seeing the idols and clues associated with them. I only wish I was better at figuring out the idols, although I did find one.
My strategy for this game was to align myself with a veteran player and I did so with csudak. I started out not knowing how much I could trust him, but once he passed the idol AND his advantage to me, I knew it was 100%. I made sure to return both of those back to him to ensure that he could trust me also.
I was always sharing my opinions of challenges in helping with all the team challenges and participated in all the idol challenges, except the poker ones, as I have no clue about card games. My decision to vote out csudak came right at the last minute. I had not entertained any thoughts of eliminating him until the very last part B of Part 4 of Final 4 challenge. I started thinking about the game and speech if I made it to the last 3. I figured what would happen is that there would be a tie between either waregl or Victor and between myself or csudak, depending on who won immunity. I figured the only way they wouldn't target me is if I won immunity. Then I figured csudak would have an excellent chance of surviving a tiebreaker challenge and advancing to final 3. The more I thought about him there, I knew there was no chance that anyone else had a chance, at least in my mind. I really thought he played the best game, was active in all challenges and did very well in those. He found an idol and won the advantage challenge and won individual immunity.
The other reason to vote out csudak was that, in the last Survivor game, the two finalists (golfpro and dagoat) never made the big move to ensure their title as Sole Survivor. I decided to make that move, which I feel puts me over the top in outwitting, outthinking, and outplaying the rest of this field to be named the Sole Survivor of this game.
I would appreciate your vote. Thank you.
4/8/2017 11:30 AM
Csudak. Sorry but I was kind of weary of the whole cross tribe alliance so I really didn't know what to expect and I originally thought after the final challenge it was going to be me, csu and Jim in the finals so when jim told me to get rid of csu I was a little confused but I figured he would have had me beat in the end
4/8/2017 12:06 PM
Now that we have heard from the last 3 players I will now accept votes from the jury. Remember you are voting for a WINNER. Votes due to me by Monday 6pm EST. If I have all the votes in advance of that then I will announce the winner earlier.
4/8/2017 1:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...39|40|41|42 Next ▸
Survivor XIV: winner announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.