LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by strikeout26 on 4/28/2018 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/28/2018 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/28/2018 2:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/27/2018 11:39:00 PM (view original):
Strikeout and I are just kidding (I think).

I am perfectly fine with having a no name calling discussion.... cccp sees things differently.
I wasn't really joking. I think all young people are very ignorant, myself included. I think they're over-opinionated and should take a step back and learn to listen more than they speak.

As far as the "baby-killing" comment, that is not necessarily what i'm referring to. Those are your beliefs and principles. I think it is a very inhumane principle, but you're free to follow your conscience.

I was joking. It's fine to think that way, even if I disagree. I think that the fact that we are opinionated is a good thing.

And I appreciate the willingness to not name-call over abortion.
Why do you think it's good for people without much life experience to be opinionated?
Because I will take a younger generation sharing their experiences and coming up with new ideas to better the world over a generation just deferring to the old one and not changing anything any day. Isn't one of the complaints about 'millennials' that they supposedly are not active and just sit around not doing anything? I don't buy life experience being super important. One generation comes up with ideas to help things, maybe they work, maybe they don't. After you share your stuff, move along so the next generation can take a turn.
4/28/2018 8:11 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/28/2018 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Yep, that's my point. We definitely have the right to voice our opinion, but i'm not sure it's exactly in our best interest. Like I've said, i'm not calling Tang out. I'm just as guilty.
If we are pushed to not voice our opinion and just defer to the older generation until we get old, nothing changes in life. Again, the reason I don't buy that argument is because I believe that each generation has a differing story to tell and can change things for the better. Things are changing for the better over time because of new generations and young people pushing for change. It's why we have more women's rights and why the civil rights and anti-Vietnam stuff took off.
4/28/2018 8:13 PM
Truth never changes.
Nothing is new under the sun.
Every being has equal rights.
Civil rights succeeded because of the Republicans.
Vietnam was started by the Democrats.
Who owned more slaves before the Civil war? Democrats or Republicans?
4/28/2018 10:20 PM
Posted by tangplay on 4/28/2018 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Yep, that's my point. We definitely have the right to voice our opinion, but i'm not sure it's exactly in our best interest. Like I've said, i'm not calling Tang out. I'm just as guilty.
If we are pushed to not voice our opinion and just defer to the older generation until we get old, nothing changes in life. Again, the reason I don't buy that argument is because I believe that each generation has a differing story to tell and can change things for the better. Things are changing for the better over time because of new generations and young people pushing for change. It's why we have more women's rights and why the civil rights and anti-Vietnam stuff took off.
Just curious: do you have any facts to support your claims about women's rights, civil rights and Vietnam or are you once again just spewing garbage you want people to believe in an attempt to sound much, much more learned than you are?
4/28/2018 10:45 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/28/2018 10:45:00 PM (view original):
Just curious: do you have any facts to support your claims about women's rights, civil rights and Vietnam or are you once again just spewing garbage you want people to believe in an attempt to sound much, much more learned than you are?
It's logic. If nothing changed between generations then civil rights would not have advanced.

BTW it is also common knowledge that younger people did the first sit-ins in the 60's, helped push to end Vietnam, etc. Hell, MLK was in his 30's.
4/28/2018 11:17 PM
Things change between generations all the time. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.

BTW, it was Eisenhower and Nixon who introduced the first Civil Rights legislation in 1957. The Dems shot it down.
4/28/2018 11:24 PM
W H O C A R E S D O U G ?
4/28/2018 11:26 PM
You do. It's your points we're discussing.

BTW, who had more slaves before the Civil War. Democrats or Republicans?
4/28/2018 11:28 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/28/2018 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Things change between generations all the time. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.

BTW, it was Eisenhower and Nixon who introduced the first Civil Rights legislation in 1957. The Dems shot it down.
Harry Truman----On July 26, 1948, President Harry S. Truman signed this executive order establishing the President's Committee on Equality of Treatment and Opportunity in the Armed Services, committing the government to integrating the segregated military.
4/29/2018 5:38 AM
He is a dumbass. My goodness.

He is all for women's rights and civil rights and at the same time wants open borders, sanctuary cities and open immigration from Islamic countries.
4/29/2018 7:52 AM (edited)
ike is one of the top 10 presidents......and a progressive for his era.
technically ike started involvement in vietnam......jfk definitely began the war but there is reason to believe he was going to wind down involvement...it was lbj who presided over the full fledged vietnam war.
4/29/2018 9:34 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/28/2018 11:17:00 PM (view original):
It's logic. If nothing changed between generations then civil rights would not have advanced.

BTW it is also common knowledge that younger people did the first sit-ins in the 60's, helped push to end Vietnam, etc. Hell, MLK was in his 30's.
So "NO" is your answer. You really should take strikeout's suggestion to heart.
4/29/2018 10:09 AM
the karen mcdougal story is flying under the radar......david pecker owns the national enquirer and bought the karen mcdougal story for 150,000......pecker is one of trump's best friends...he is very close with pecker. they work hand in hand......pecker killed the story..did not run it........mcdougal just sued and pecker folded.
i think that cohens records will have plenty of info on a conspiracy between trump - cohen - pecker to buy and kill the story.
more campaign election law crimes...maybe fraud and deception.
4/29/2018 10:24 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/29/2018 7:52:00 AM (view original):
He is a dumbass. My goodness.

He is all for women's rights and civil rights and at the same time wants open borders, sanctuary cities and open immigration from Islamic countries.
We agreed, no name-calling.

I disagree with sanctuary cities, I am against illegal immigration, and I am pro-vetting. Even if I was for those things, it would not be hypocritical because Muslims or illegals entering the country doesn't change our laws. If they somehow got popular enough to change our laws to discriminate then I would be against that.
4/29/2018 10:45 AM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 4/28/2018 11:28:00 PM (view original):
You do. It's your points we're discussing.

BTW, who had more slaves before the Civil War. Democrats or Republicans?
W H O C A R E S DOUG ?

We are not talking about political parties.
4/29/2018 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...431|432|433|434|435...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.