LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by all3 on 5/21/2018 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 5/21/2018 12:24:00 AM (view original):
now you are getting it.....bada book bada boom.
You obviously never will.
I, and millions of other people, don't see race as the 1st way to describe people. Tang, and apparently you, do. Which is racist?
Blaming race for failure instead of saying it is one of the many factors for some people - that sure seems racist.
Come out of your safe little thread on WIS and see what's actually happening in the World.
I see race the exact same way you do.

Race is one of many factors.
5/21/2018 11:27 AM
5/21/2018 11:33 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/21/2018 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Look, I AGREE that blaming race for failure is pure racist stupidity. But I also insist that claiming there is NO institutional racism in the Good Ol USA is equally nuts. I'll also state that in Boris' (limited) small circle (the rather wealthy elite bankers of the eastern metropolis') I'd likely figure that there is MUCH less difference between whites and blacks. But not so in the complete REAL world. Come VISIT Phoenix metropolis. You can tell what "type" folks live in the neighborhood you're driving thru just by looking out the window. It's freakin' OBVIOUS which neighborhoods are brown, which are black/mixed, which are lily white, which are rich, which are elite rich, etc. I could tell you myself by the names of the suburbs/communities and my limited experience of visiting the Phoenix metro area myself over the last 20 years. We must face reality. OUR culture is both violent and racist. It's the American sickness, a mass mental illness borne of our past and our delusional myths.

We ignore it at our peril. Corona says "find your beach"........... I say find your cave.......... you may need it.
So, do you think discussions like this thread, where only 1 side of things is allowed to be expressed, helps or hurts the issues that exist? (I'm not talking about the insults and/or personal comments, just the opinions and/or facts relative to the issues.)
If we could stop people from being hypocritical, close-minded extremists, imagine how many other issues could probably be greatly improved.
5/21/2018 11:36 AM
5/21/2018 11:36 AM
back to the bore fest.
5/21/2018 12:11 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/21/2018 11:36:00 AM (view original):
??

5/21/2018 12:15 PM
So....... I'm surmising the confusion results from a lack of historical perspective.

Boris finds History (nearly) useless.......... at least not worth the supporting of it's study financially worthwhile, is (I believe) his viewpoint. Thus, he may not recall that voting laws (poll taxes, tests, etc) were used to keep blacks from being able to vote for a considerable period of time in many southern states/locales. Which is where the racism and the fear of voter ID comes from, of course.

Nowadays, however, in an age wherein anyone carrying a cell phone (I do NOT!) is subject to a whole mass of folks who are able to trace every move you make (including governmental agencies, obviously) I'm not sure what the big fuss is all about over voter ID. Doesn't everyone get a little voter registration card mailed to them when they register to vote (We do in AZ) wherein it lists your name and the voting district/precinct you registered in?

Why can't either that (the voter registry card) or a valid driver's license (MOST folks have them) suffice and be required?
I don't get it really.
5/21/2018 1:01 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/21/2018 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/21/2018 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Look, I AGREE that blaming race for failure is pure racist stupidity. But I also insist that claiming there is NO institutional racism in the Good Ol USA is equally nuts. I'll also state that in Boris' (limited) small circle (the rather wealthy elite bankers of the eastern metropolis') I'd likely figure that there is MUCH less difference between whites and blacks. But not so in the complete REAL world. Come VISIT Phoenix metropolis. You can tell what "type" folks live in the neighborhood you're driving thru just by looking out the window. It's freakin' OBVIOUS which neighborhoods are brown, which are black/mixed, which are lily white, which are rich, which are elite rich, etc. I could tell you myself by the names of the suburbs/communities and my limited experience of visiting the Phoenix metro area myself over the last 20 years. We must face reality. OUR culture is both violent and racist. It's the American sickness, a mass mental illness borne of our past and our delusional myths.

We ignore it at our peril. Corona says "find your beach"........... I say find your cave.......... you may need it.
So, do you think discussions like this thread, where only 1 side of things is allowed to be expressed, helps or hurts the issues that exist? (I'm not talking about the insults and/or personal comments, just the opinions and/or facts relative to the issues.)
If we could stop people from being hypocritical, close-minded extremists, imagine how many other issues could probably be greatly improved.
I will agree with you that Dino is very quick to redline/censor. I have been a victim of that in the past and responded (as most would) with vitriol and offensive attacks. They were all just redlined, of course, and whatever validity my words may have had......... they were wasted and vanished. I think that's crap, really, BUT it is what it is. The rules around here. Apparently, they allow the creator of a thread/topic to be king of the debate. They (Dino, in this case) can stop anyone, anytime from having a sayso in whatever discussion that is ensuing. It's a WIS screwup IMO.

Now, do some people need banished to some OTHER place to sow their venom?? Absolutely and you bet!
But, folks should be a bit more open to consideration of others views and NOT redline IMO, unless the post is seriously offensive, factually CLEARLY ignorant, or blatantly threatening.

This seems like a good point to interject to you all3 (alt3 lol) that I apologize for calling you a russkie troll. Apparently, I must have over-reacted to some of your wrong headed right wing overstated hyperbole at that moment. I have, since then, noticed enough logic and common sense in SOME of your posts that I've concluded I was wrong and I therefore apologize to you. American, you likely are, even IF you be woefully misinformed and wrong on some serious troubling issues affecting our Country. :-)

Now, in all candor, as a fellow citizen desiring ONLY to improve the health of our Union how can I open up your mind (I'm quoting Wilco here and that's quite cooll!) to some of the truths you are unwilling to accept.

Such as, and for example, Climate change and the REALITY that our global conditions are changing

or

The LIKELIHOOD that the guy we just elected POTUS is a liar, a crook, and a traitor (in the common usage of the word, NOT the legal).

Just so you know, IF, and I mean IF, DJT ends up absolved of any and all crimes against OUR Nation and it's electoral process I will personally find a way to visit him, apologize publicly, kiss his tiny fingers and comb his hair(piece) for him!
5/21/2018 1:19 PM (edited)
The view from Trump's brain:

"It appears ... that he is very popular, and his critics are LOSERS!"
5/21/2018 3:08 PM
i also redline when the thread is so boring or obsessed with racial issues or racist or overly categorizes people or just plain sucks worse and worser.
itf the quality of the thread sucks ill try to fix it..if i have to erase shirt i will.
5/21/2018 3:18 PM
i know graffiti when i see it and i know crap when i read it.
this thread is for people who bring something interesting to the table...otherwise please take it the pits.

for example, there is a truly fascinating and interesting story about the pope in the news.
i have always said that i like the pope very much and that he was not saying everything he really wanted to.
this new story is very, very important to not just christians but to everyone.
it is a new milstone for the christian world if it is true and it has officially not been denied.
5/21/2018 3:41 PM
In the past I have certainly been guilty of overreacting - overreacting to hatred-filled lies about the person duly elected as the leader of our Country. Republican, Democrat, white, black, or whatever, he IS your President if you are an American. As President (in my opinion) he deserves at least enough respect that every rumor and unproven story about him should not be published and repeated. Is it not still "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" in this Country? If things are every proven, THEN crucify him for what he's done. People have been digging and digging for over 1.5 years now, and still zero proof. That says nothing to you? Where is the same accusatory hatred for the Democratic-lead DOJ and FBI investigations into then-candidate Trump? I know this is pretty much an extreme-leftist thread and many of the posts read nothing short of hysterical (not historical), which is why I try to avoid it. Inevitably it is like a car accident, and I just "have" to look, to see how bad the damage (to the truth - as I see it) is. WIS should not allow any thread where only 1-side of things is allowed by the Thread Master, on that we agree. See, common ground.
5/21/2018 4:00 PM
should the DOJ have ignored what was going on with the Trump campaign and a foreign power?
5/21/2018 4:09 PM
we dont consider ourselves extreme leftist and dont like your name calling and i doubt very much you ever said anything like this about obama.
please feel free to take your nonsense where it is welcome.
we have friendly people here......you really dont belong with us extremists.
5/21/2018 4:10 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/21/2018 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 5/21/2018 12:24:00 AM (view original):
now you are getting it.....bada book bada boom.
You obviously never will.
I, and millions of other people, don't see race as the 1st way to describe people. Tang, and apparently you, do. Which is racist?
Blaming race for failure instead of saying it is one of the many factors for some people - that sure seems racist.
Come out of your safe little thread on WIS and see what's actually happening in the World.
you have no clue what is happening in the world. you've never traveled it.
5/21/2018 4:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...461|462|463|464|465...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.