BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

If Trump inherited this from Obama, with Obama promising a withdrawal, then Trump says we're staying, then he owns it.

Was Biden forced to keep us out of the Paris deal that Trump walked out of? Nope, he put us right back in.
8/20/2021 11:23 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 9:48:00 PM (view original):
Secretary Austin has already contradicted Biden on Americans being at risk, that some have been brutalized by the Taliban while attempting to reach the airport. Biden's Friday speech flies in the face of what journalists, including CNN, are reporting in and around Kabul.
So they reached the airport? Alive?
8/20/2021 11:28 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Hindsight is always 20/20...

I will never understand why Trump decided to attempt to negotiate with the Taliban. The Israelis have it right: never negotiate with a terrorist, it legitimizes them, gives them credibility.

Despite that, Biden was not forced to do anything. He CHOSE to go ahead with the withdrawal, then crapped the bed in his haste. This is his mess. He went back on his word to our allies. Lives are lost, more are at risk. Not the equivalent of a last minute cancellation of a back yard barbecue. This is a serious miscalculation by our Commander in Chief. Many are now doubting his ability to lead us.
Biden pushed back the withdrawal. Trump complained about it. Trump also negotiated the release of 5k Taliban troops and their leader.

And your post has no mention of the Afghan president a month ago saying the army would never give up, or the army giving their weapons to the Taliban, or that president fleeing in the middle of the night with $169m. Of course.
8/20/2021 11:31 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 11:19:00 PM (view original):
Biden dictates policy now, not Trump. Biden could change course, decide to delay, work something out with NATO.

I was never in favor of pulling out, not completely. Why give it all away? Surely they would immediately target everyone who aided the NATO military and rebel fighters. It would be signing their death sentences. Women will be targeted, just as before. Where's the crying about women's and human rights?

To pull out like this is clueless or heartless.
So you support an increase in troops and warfare with the Taliban then.
8/20/2021 11:34 PM
The whole negotiation stinks. The feckless Afghan President should be hanged for treason. I'm not in favor of escalation. I'm merely saying this withdrawal was botched on many levels, Biden is poo pooing it as no big deal. His version doesn't match reality.
8/20/2021 11:39 PM
For years Bush and Obama released terrorist prisoners in swaps, turned my stomach. You knew they weren't going back to work in their family market. They would return to the battlefield. I hate to say it but many of the Afghans might not be worthy of our efforts, but on a humanitarian basis they need assistance. They will be butchered. The whole thing stinks. NATO, not the US, needs to lead these efforts going forward.
8/20/2021 11:47 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/20/2021 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Secretary Austin has already contradicted Biden on Americans being at risk, that some have been brutalized by the Taliban while attempting to reach the airport. Biden's Friday speech flies in the face of what journalists, including CNN, are reporting in and around Kabul.
I have no idea. I can tell you Christiane Amanpour's hope for a kinder, gentler Taliban ain't gonna happen. They're thugs, violent thugs.
8/20/2021 11:53 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 11:19:00 PM (view original):
Biden dictates policy now, not Trump. Biden could change course, decide to delay, work something out with NATO.

I was never in favor of pulling out, not completely. Why give it all away? Surely they would immediately target everyone who aided the NATO military and rebel fighters. It would be signing their death sentences. Women will be targeted, just as before. Where's the crying about women's and human rights?

To pull out like this is clueless or heartless.
Once again, TRUMP MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE TALIBAN THAT SET A FINAL DATE FOR ALL TROOPS BEING OUT OF AFGHANISTAN.

This deal completely ended any possibility of a favorable agreement in the future. If Biden extended again (there was already an extension), there would have been an immediate increase in violence and more would have died.

Like, imagine if Biden ignores the deadline and the Taliban not only resumes attacks on American troops, but also increases funding of terrorism. What if the war lasts another decade? Biden would be destroyed by both conservatives and the press. I can already hear the attacks. "Trump made a deal to get us out, and your selfish actions extended the war and killed more Americans!"
8/20/2021 11:57 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 11:40:00 PM (view original):
The whole negotiation stinks. The feckless Afghan President should be hanged for treason. I'm not in favor of escalation. I'm merely saying this withdrawal was botched on many levels, Biden is poo pooing it as no big deal. His version doesn't match reality.
He’s not poo pooing it as no big deal. He’s telling it like it is. There was an agreement with the Taliban that he pushed back and when the rubber met the road the Afghan army quit and their government bailed. It honestly justifies leaving.

If you think he should’ve stayed longer you are advocating for escalation.
8/20/2021 11:59 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 11:23:00 PM (view original):
If Trump inherited this from Obama, with Obama promising a withdrawal, then Trump says we're staying, then he owns it.

Was Biden forced to keep us out of the Paris deal that Trump walked out of? Nope, he put us right back in.
The difference is that the Paris deal isn't a wartime agreement. It's also an international agreement that a bunch of nations sign on to. Whether or not we stay or leave in the deal is completely up to us. Agreements directly with other nations in a conflict is very different.
8/20/2021 11:59 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/20/2021 11:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/20/2021 11:28:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea. I can tell you Christiane Amanpour's hope for a kinder, gentler Taliban ain't gonna happen. They're thugs, violent thugs.
I don’t think anyone is expecting a kindler, gentler Taliban. Except maybe the people who negotiated with them and freed 5k of them.
8/21/2021 12:01 AM
Oh, and by the way, many of the same people in Afghanistan that conservatives are now pretending to defend and feel bad about, like translators, informants, and civilians, were the same people who were and will be vilified as Islamist extremist terrorists the second immigration enters the picture.

Translators and the like would ALREADY BE SAFE were it not for the Republicans. So **** off with your disingenuous concern trolling.
8/21/2021 12:02 AM
How does Biden fail to get our people out before he pulls the plug? Where was the planning?
8/21/2021 12:03 AM
Heaven help us. We are only 7 months into this old guy's clusterfuck. Jimmy Carter may get to move up a peg...

His second in command should return to where she does her best work. Her knees...
8/21/2021 12:13 AM (edited)
That's crass. And unworthy of someone with a brain. Spoken just like a Trumpnik!

I thought you were a better person that that Doc.
8/21/2021 8:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...45|46|47|48|49...140 Next ▸
BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.