Is the Fullcourt Press Too Effective? Topic

Posted by llamanunts on 6/9/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Oh, you.  Dawwww, you.  That's adorable, you asking questions like those.  It's almost like you don't know better than I do!
What scores do you need to "survive the press"?
I dunno, exactly.  I do know that a sum total BH/P of 109 at SG and 84 (!) at SF is going to lead to a lot of turnovers against any decent team, and more against press teams.  Using the Trentonjoe Rule Of 70 (D2), I want the BH/P at the 1 and 2 to be pushing 140 at a minimum.  I want other things too, of course, but in BH/P I'm not comfortable below that.  I often treat SF's like you do (little guys) and I want them comfortably into triple digits.
What should I be comparing my BH/PASS to?  Their DEF/SPD?
I dunno, exactly.  I compare them to my standards as loosely described above.  I don't compare them with what the other team has.

What are your answers to those questions, TJ?
You know, I kinda got a way from that.   I think I need to go back to my own rule.....

I don't have an answer to the comparison question.

I suspect that the first decision the sim makes "Does the ball get past 1/2 court"  is something like 

DEFENSES- SPEED, DEF, ATH (in that order?)
vs
OFFENSES- SPEED, BH, PASS, ATH (in that order?)

With IQ factored in there somehow and running the press has to have a multiplier or something.

I think I am going to start looking at:

SPD vs SPD
BH/PASS vs DEF
IQ vs IQ

I know the games lumps them all together but I think it is easier to see the individual matchups and try to find a pattern.
6/11/2014 11:33 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Is the Fullcourt Press Too Effective? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.