WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

I'm excited to hear the news but we desperately need support. I submitted a ticket on 8/14 to replace an absent owner in HBD and haven't had a response yet. The absent owner has #1 and #22 overall picks plus 4 more picks in the top 67. It is very urgent to get this owner replaced ASAP because we need somebody to scout for this draft and sign the picks. Our draft is approaching within the next 8-10 days. Please respond ASAP. Failure to replace this absent owner in a timely manner will do significant damage to that franchise and as well, our entire HBD Spahn world.
8/23/2017 10:26 AM
welcome back!
8/24/2017 12:18 PM
This can only be good news, as Fox had completely neglected this site. As a user of both Hockey and Baseball it is quite amazing that we have anyone left playing Hockey, there hasn't been an update (other than the database) to it in probably close to a decade. If you just give it the same features that baseball has it would be a huge improvement.
8/25/2017 11:10 AM
Good luck. I'm rooting for you.
8/26/2017 10:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Consider working on FC Dynasty. That could turn into a very unique dynasty game with promotion/relegation...unlike anything else in the WIS stable. Just a thought.
8/28/2017 10:09 AM
How about actually doing some promotion of the site and bring in new players... It's hard to fill leagues bc there's no promotion of the site, thus no customers....
In basketball there are 4 spots to fill each position. Please add more to each position. 4 restricts the ways to build teams... There's a lot that needs improving- and Sebel doesn't care
8/28/2017 10:09 AM
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
Glad to have you back full time scott!
8/28/2017 10:10 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/19/2017 12:26:00 AM (view original):
Forgive my skepticism, but still doubting the NBA SIM ever sees another update (other than new players).
Heard the empty promises too many times to believe.
I agree.... That's why it's so hard to fill those leagues.
8/28/2017 10:12 AM
I actually like 3.0 better than 2.0 as it makes recruiting better for D3 and D2 and mid-major D1. It seems as though only the power conference D1 owners are complaining, and I feel like that's because they aren't just handed every 5 star recruit without any effort. It's nice to actually have a chance at good recruits at the mid-majors. Hopefully in time seble can improve on the minor issues that need addressed. I don't plan on going anywhere!
8/28/2017 10:18 AM
Thank goodness Seble is back!
8/28/2017 10:37 AM
Posted by seble on 8/18/2017 7:50:00 PM (view original):
As part of the sale, I've taken over management of the site. For those who aren't familiar with me, I've been a part of WIS since the beginning, nearly 18 years now. Over that time, I've worked in some capacity on pretty much every part of the site. My main focus for a long period of time was been Hoops Dynasty, and SimLeague Basketball before that.

I'm really excited about the opportunity that SportsHub has given me, and I promise to work as hard as I can to improve WIS. Over the next few months, we'll be focusing on transitioning the site fully to SportsHub on the technical side of things. During that time, you won't see too many changes, so it should be business as usual. Once the transition is complete, we'll begin mapping out ways to better integrate with the SportsHub network in ways that make sense. We'll also start gathering feedback and planning out ways to improve the games.

For right now, I'll be pretty much a one-man show, with some help on the support side. That will be a temporary situation though, as we'll be expanding our staff down the road. In the meantime, I ask for some patience when it comes to dealing with any site issues and in responding to support tickets.

Feel free to post comments/questions in this thread and I'll do my best to address them over the next few days.

Thanks,
Scott
Great! Can't wait to see the direction you take this simulation.
8/28/2017 11:09 AM
Please, make dynasty for sim hockey. If not at least please give those who been loyal in it a major upgrade. I hope as Minnesota based you guys would care more about hockey. Thank you!
8/28/2017 11:18 AM
FANTASTIC news - welcome back, sable!
8/28/2017 11:18 AM
Posted by jimmystick on 8/23/2017 10:26:00 AM (view original):
I'm excited to hear the news but we desperately need support. I submitted a ticket on 8/14 to replace an absent owner in HBD and haven't had a response yet. The absent owner has #1 and #22 overall picks plus 4 more picks in the top 67. It is very urgent to get this owner replaced ASAP because we need somebody to scout for this draft and sign the picks. Our draft is approaching within the next 8-10 days. Please respond ASAP. Failure to replace this absent owner in a timely manner will do significant damage to that franchise and as well, our entire HBD Spahn world.
Kind of a disingenuous post. You had that owner replaced on 8/23/2017 but you then gave the former owner his team back later that day. And now the guys is AWOL again. You gave him until this past weekend to log back on before sending in another ticket. So to say the ticket has been open since 8/14 really isn't true... but I'd be willing to take over the team if the replacement owner who was replaced needs to be replaced.... :)
8/28/2017 11:43 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...14 Next ▸
WhatIfSports has new ownership - SportsHub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.