Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I really am surprised at the hostility toward people who access at work. People have a very wide range of jobs, and I have no doubt there are plenty of hard-working people who aren't punching a clock who can spend a few minutes checking their teams during the day. I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot "mouse over" fatigue numbers on a phone or tablet, so that's a useful piece of information I can't get without a computer. It also takes a lot longer to change lineups on a phone. So sure it's doable, but it's not desirable. It's helpful for seble to understand how many people would be adversely impacted potentially, because he might lose some good customers who aren't hurting anyone.
7/3/2018 11:59 PM
It comes down to net impact on user base. If the move attracts more traffic, it's a good thing. If fewer people subscribe because they cannot access the site for half of the weekday, it could negatively impact everyone.
7/4/2018 10:07 AM (edited)
First I am concerned about the game.....I want to enjoy my progressive baseball and hope there will be no negative effects. Second, always a concern with new corporate sponsorship, will the costs change? Third, I do need an answer to an earlier question, what happens if we can't log on? How do we let you know. Is there going to be an email that will give us a link? Fourth, how we access and where we access is really no one else's business except in the case that it prevents current owners access and they are forced to leave the site if they can't find a suitable alternative. This could negatively impact progressives, Dynasties, championships, etc., tremendously. Lastly, in December 2012 we were advised we were going to have game advances. Hasn't yet happened but they could with new blood. But, the last time they did adjust, we lost some functions most owners weren't happy about. Perhaps we can advance but take in to consideration the desires/suggestions of our current supporters....that is what we are as customers. I've played a long time and enjoy thoroughly. I am hoping this remains true, unlike the CBS Franchise Baseball that made an update that was so different many, including myself, called it quits. Lets look forward with an eye to past successes not frustrations.
7/4/2018 12:18 AM (edited)
This thread made me look at my profile. I've been on this site for 15 ******* years? That's insane.
7/4/2018 12:16 AM
12 years for me and closing in on 100,000 games. There are guys out there with longer tenure and more time spent while accumulating games. These numbers show a great commitment by those guys and myself and there should be some respect given, and taken, on both sides and for each other. Can't we discuss without pointing fingers and becoming personal attacks. We can like, or dislike, but the need to sling stuff into the fan is ridiculous and solves nothing.
7/4/2018 12:26 AM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 7/3/2018 5:22:00 PM (view original):
What Ozo said.
What Arlen and Ozo said
7/4/2018 12:53 AM
Posted by georgereiss1 on 7/3/2018 11:48:00 PM (view original):
All you fing pusses complaining about not being to log in at work lol it's called a smart phone get one or better yet how about you work at your job dang *******
I don’t think George will be around much longer for these sizzling takes
7/4/2018 2:13 AM
Posted by frymaster99 on 7/3/2018 6:07:00 PM (view original):
I reached out to the hiring manager for SportsHub awhile back and sent along my resumé etc, conversed for a few days. Told him I was passionate about HBD and wanted to help any way I could. He never followed up.
Sad. Guess I shouldn’t try either then
7/4/2018 3:19 AM
If you really are having an issue getting in at work, then dang use your phone or bring your laptop and use your phone as a hotspot during the lunch hour. Now on a more serious note, I do wonder what the future of the various games will be, as it seems the community of players has gotten smaller and smaller over the years and new folks are not coming in like they used too back in the day. Going forward I'm probably going to only focus on Hardball for a while as I took on a third team and have owned my other two franchises since 2006 and 2007. When I finally let them go I will probably be done, unless they hook me with some updates to the MLB sim. Oh and speaking of that, the one thing never pulled off in any baseball game on this site, a triple play.
7/4/2018 3:27 AM
with various teams that I play hoops dynasty, I have each coach associated with a unique e-mail. I have not used all of the email addresses in quite a while and I sure hope that I do not have to verify each and every one to continue playing my teams later in the week. If so, I will not be able to access the coaches and teams....and that would be a shame. I do not remember the passwords associated with them and have tried to get them without success.
7/4/2018 3:53 AM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/3/2018 10:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 7/3/2018 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/3/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Tucker T's on 7/3/2018 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/3/2018 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Selbe,

If we do have login issues during the transition period (July 17,) how do we notify you about them? If we can't login, is there going to be a way to let you know we are having issues? Kind of a catch-22. I understand there will be a verification process prior to the 17th but unexpected stuff happens when moving from one platform to another.

Thanks in advance.

Be a gent Seibe and answer this please . . .
It's after 10 pm eastern on a Friday night. I'd be a little more patient.
What sorcery is this? It's Tuesday on my planet...
The evening before July 4th (in the US) is effectively a Friday night...I assume that was the gist.
Yes, that and a little drink.
7/4/2018 6:13 AM
Thanks for the update seble, I appreciate all that you do behind the scenes! I, too, am a one-man show at my job - I know how it feels to have multiple things on your plate, no help and not enough hours in the day.
7/4/2018 7:49 AM
My work also blocks WIS. They don't block all search engines.

If I google my WIS user name a former post from a WIS forum pops up and I am able to access WIS web site.

I considerate it a backdoor entry.
7/6/2018 8:46 PM (edited)
Posted by cretins on 7/4/2018 12:16:00 AM (view original):
This thread made me look at my profile. I've been on this site for 15 ******* years? That's insane.
I started here 12/26/01...I knew it was a long time but didn’t realize THAT long...
7/4/2018 9:24 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.