LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by dino27 on 7/2/2018 9:10:00 PM (view original):
i didnt think you had this anger in you.....you surprised me.
I am not angry at all.
7/2/2018 9:12 PM
part of what i do is tell jokes...i do not discuss mueller or anything about anyone's policy issues here....or anything of an actual political nature.and i did not and do not criticize trump here....and have said nothing divisive.
7/2/2018 9:15 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/2/2018 9:12:00 PM (view original):
dont you remember posting many times before about movies...do you have amnesia ?
My memory is fine. Something changed and you started bashing POTUS again. Please stop and follow your own mission statement.

I have all the time in the world for this entertainment thread.
7/2/2018 9:58 PM (edited)
you are on a rampage..it is bizzare.
7/2/2018 9:15 PM
show me where i BASHED potus..find a post.
7/2/2018 9:16 PM
the multiple choice was not bashing......that was a play on the word model...ie melania and twiggy...come on....the answer was rosa park.
7/2/2018 9:19 PM
how could that make you so angry.
7/2/2018 9:19 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/2/2018 9:19:00 PM (view original):
the multiple choice was not bashing......that was a play on the word model...ie melania and twiggy...come on....the answer was rosa park.
I'm calling your bluff. Rosa Parks was not an entertainer. She was a civil rights activists. That falls outside the mission statement of this thread. Entertainment, please, not politics.
7/2/2018 9:22 PM
the acronym was very funny......im sure a lot of republicans think it is funny.......again..no politics involved in any way shape or form except in your mind...im assuming someone created that name and got paid for it.
7/2/2018 9:22 PM
how could that make you so angry.
I am not angry at all, Sir. I have a LOT of time for this entertainment thread. A LOT of time.
7/2/2018 9:23 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/2/2018 9:22:00 PM (view original):
I'm calling your bluff. Rosa Parks was not an entertainer. She was a civil rights activists. That falls outside the mission statement of this thread. Entertainment, please, not politics.
..its the non political joke that was entertaining...get some sleep.
7/2/2018 9:23 PM
im going to run for cover...another one bites the dust.
good talk.
7/2/2018 9:24 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/2/2018 9:24:00 PM (view original):
im going to run for cover...another one bites the dust.
good talk.
If it diverts you from the political morass you were wading into, it was an excellent talk.

Take care.
7/2/2018 9:33 PM
i have always loved old radios...i have a bunch at home and work.....i have one from the 30s and a several from the 40s..and lots from the 50s...it used to be easy to get them but now they are scarce and are starting to gain monetary value.
i also love OTR also known as old time radio ( shows )......a lot of shows are lost but most have been preserved....several years ago i bought a lot from online vendors......these are my favorites...not in order but off the top of my head.

1. george burns - seinfeld's biggest influence......this show honestly holds up today...from the 40s..maybe early 50s...before lucy.....later he did have a tv show...very early sitcom.
2. jack benny.......also excellent but sometimes a little corny but not too much....extremely human with all the traits of good mid 50s to mid 60s happy sitcoms.
3. gunsmoke - radio voice was bill conrad......great and perfect..i like it more then the tvshow......
4. arch obler - its later then you think - spooky twighlight zone type stories.
5. suspense - for over 30 years..high quality suspenseful stories with the top actors...1 hour shows.
6. great gildersleeves - comedy that does hold up today.
7. the life of riley - ditto
8. tarzan - actually good
9. have gun will travel - just like the tv show - same actor.
10. duffy's tavern - another great comedy series that holds up
11. x minus 1 - fantastic science fiction......major influence on many science fiction writers who were kids when it was on.
12. escape - adventure
13. lux theater - longstanding show that portrayed current movies on the radio with the original movie actors
14. cbs radio mystery theater - spooky and sometimes twilight zone genre stories from circa 1975 - 1983.....a very successful comeback of old time radio.

there are many many more great shows.......if you buy shows they are mp3 format cds.......nice different kinds of gifts.
7/3/2018 12:11 AM (edited)
What an awesome topic. My father, who was a youth during the Great Depression, would tell me stories about the radio broadcasts he and his sister (my aunt) would listen to. Virtually all of that pre WWII stuff is gone because it was never copied in the first place. What a damn shame.

I looked for fault in your list but couldn't find any. George Burns, who did it successfully in both radio and TV, is a worthy #1. Other great ones not listed were the Mercury Theatre on the Air and Campbell Playhouse (both Orson Welles) as well as the Screen Guild Theatre.
7/3/2018 1:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...523|524|525|526|527...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.