Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Heh, the only fake news here is the **** that Trump is spewing. I thought he was all about "sourcing" his information. No sources...no ****. Typical Trump bullshit. I loved listening to his dumb ***** surrogate Huckabee talk about how the NY Times debunked some of the russian news sources when just earlier this week Trump was spouting how EVIL the NYTimes was and calling them fake news. LOL. Amateur hour **** show at the White House! And in the meantime, Joe Q Taxpayer forked over another 10 million plus for Trump to go to Florida and play golf!
3/5/2017 9:39 PM
What the **** has he done in those 44 days?
3/5/2017 9:40 PM
and in the meantime, North Korea is firing off missiles like it's Chinese New years again!
3/5/2017 9:41 PM

Former President Barack Obama's White House press secretary, Josh Earnest, shot down President Donald Trump's largely unfounded allegation that Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump Tower phones.

In an interview on "This Week" on Sunday, the former press secretary said there are rules in place prohibiting a president from personally interfering in a Department of Justice investigation, and emphasized that Obama was "not giving marching orders to the FBI about how to conduct their investigations."

"This may come as a surprise to the current occupant of the Oval Office, but the president of the United States does not have the authority to unilaterally order the wiretapping of an American citizen," Earnest said.

He continued: "If the FBI decided to use their wiretapping authority in the context of the counterintelligence or criminal investigation, it would require FBI investigators, officials at the Department of Justice going to a federal judge, and making a case, and demonstrating probable cause to use that authority to conduct the investigation. That is a fact."

Earnest also argued that the tweet was likely a distraction from revelations that many top Trump campaign figures met with Russian government officials during the campaign despite previous contradicting claims.

"We know exactly why President Trump tweeted what he tweeted. Because there is one page in the Trump White House crisis management playbook. And that is simply to tweet or say something outrageous to distract from a scandal," Earnest said.

But while Earnest denied Obama's personal involvement into the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election, the former White House press secretary said he did not know whether there were any court-ordered wiretaps of the Trump campaign.

"I don't know. And it's not because I'm no longer in government. The fact is, even when I was in government, I was not in a position of being regularly briefed on an FBI criminal or counterintelligence investigation," Earnest said.

He added: "No one at the White House, including the president of the United States, should be in a position in which they're trying to influence or dictate how that investigation is being conducted."

Earnest was one of several former Obama administration officials who dismissed Trump's allegation on Saturday.

Obama spokesman Kevin Lewis on Saturday denied the previous White House interfered in the investigation into the 2016 election.

"A cardinal rule of the Obama administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice. As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any US citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false," Lewis said.

3/5/2017 9:44 PM
I saw Obama and one of his daughters going through the mail in my mailbox on Friday. Michelle was sitting in the car ready to take off when they were finished doing whatever it was they were doing. So sad.
3/5/2017 10:45 PM
Posted by The Taint on 3/5/2017 9:44:00 PM (view original):

Former President Barack Obama's White House press secretary, Josh Earnest, shot down President Donald Trump's largely unfounded allegation that Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump Tower phones.

In an interview on "This Week" on Sunday, the former press secretary said there are rules in place prohibiting a president from personally interfering in a Department of Justice investigation, and emphasized that Obama was "not giving marching orders to the FBI about how to conduct their investigations."

"This may come as a surprise to the current occupant of the Oval Office, but the president of the United States does not have the authority to unilaterally order the wiretapping of an American citizen," Earnest said.

He continued: "If the FBI decided to use their wiretapping authority in the context of the counterintelligence or criminal investigation, it would require FBI investigators, officials at the Department of Justice going to a federal judge, and making a case, and demonstrating probable cause to use that authority to conduct the investigation. That is a fact."

Earnest also argued that the tweet was likely a distraction from revelations that many top Trump campaign figures met with Russian government officials during the campaign despite previous contradicting claims.

"We know exactly why President Trump tweeted what he tweeted. Because there is one page in the Trump White House crisis management playbook. And that is simply to tweet or say something outrageous to distract from a scandal," Earnest said.

But while Earnest denied Obama's personal involvement into the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election, the former White House press secretary said he did not know whether there were any court-ordered wiretaps of the Trump campaign.

"I don't know. And it's not because I'm no longer in government. The fact is, even when I was in government, I was not in a position of being regularly briefed on an FBI criminal or counterintelligence investigation," Earnest said.

He added: "No one at the White House, including the president of the United States, should be in a position in which they're trying to influence or dictate how that investigation is being conducted."

Earnest was one of several former Obama administration officials who dismissed Trump's allegation on Saturday.

Obama spokesman Kevin Lewis on Saturday denied the previous White House interfered in the investigation into the 2016 election.

"A cardinal rule of the Obama administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice. As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any US citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false," Lewis said.

Josh Earnest... I don't need to read any further. #fakenews
3/5/2017 11:18 PM
Posted by The Taint on 3/5/2017 9:41:00 PM (view original):
and in the meantime, North Korea is firing off missiles like it's Chinese New years again!
remind me... wasn't this happening under Obama too?
3/5/2017 11:21 PM
Posted by moy23 on 3/5/2017 11:21:00 PM (view original):
It's a new world order! Everything is going to be golden roses and bronzed turds! Trump is going to show such strength that the infidels won't dare flex anything in case The Donald parts his hair and the world burst asunder!
3/5/2017 11:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/5/2017 10:45:00 PM (view original):
I saw Obama and one of his daughters going through the mail in my mailbox on Friday. Michelle was sitting in the car ready to take off when they were finished doing whatever it was they were doing. So sad.
LOL
3/5/2017 11:27 PM
Posted by The Taint on 3/5/2017 11:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 3/5/2017 11:21:00 PM (view original):
It's a new world order! Everything is going to be golden roses and bronzed turds! Trump is going to show such strength that the infidels won't dare flex anything in case The Donald parts his hair and the world burst asunder!
Remind me.... How much damage did the North Korean missiles do? How many casualties?
3/6/2017 12:09 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 3/6/2017 12:12:00 AM (view original):
About as much as they did when Obama was president.

the same as when obama was president.
So you are freaking out over nothing?
3/6/2017 12:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...52|53|54|55|56...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.