LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

in India/ Bangladesh/ region there are monsoons and flooding rains now that have killed more then 1200 and damaged 1 million homes.
a new category 4 hurricane Irma is brewing in Hawaii.
8/31/2017 1:56 PM
Yeah the streets were designed as a secondary spillway so the water wouldn't get inside the homes. But as Houston gets bigger, the floods have been getting worse in Downtown Houston. The suburbs are for the most part fine.
8/31/2017 3:07 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/31/2017 1:12:00 PM (view original):
thats more then he has said about the victims of Harvey...sad to say.
He pledged $1M of his own money to victims.

And then there's this...I have been looking less at Fox, but I like Kurtz...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/empathy-argument-trump-brings-business-approach-not-hugs-to-texas.html
8/31/2017 4:54 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/31/2017 11:44:00 AM (view original):
i guess the new takeaway is to better safeguard refineries and chemical plants or move them to safer locations.
Kind of tough to get the tankers inland...they need a port.
8/31/2017 4:56 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/31/2017 4:54:00 PM (view original):

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/empathy-argument-trump-brings-business-approach-not-hugs-to-texas.html
$1M was a "small loan" half a century ago, but now we're supposed to be excited like Dr. Evil about that figure?

Five Mar-A-Lago memberships!

The funniest thing will be a few weeks or months from now when some nosy reporter tries to verify if this donation actually took place and the Trump team will be tripping over themselves with contradictory stories...
8/31/2017 5:22 PM
How about that Ted Cruz asking for government cheese after voting against it for New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy? There aren't many politicians I have a lower opinion of than Trump, but Cruz is one.
8/31/2017 5:37 PM

it is great that he did that....but why have we heard about it already....nevertheless it is a good thing.........DiCaprio also donated 1 mill.
8/31/2017 8:06 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 8/31/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):
How about that Ted Cruz asking for government cheese after voting against it for New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy? There aren't many politicians I have a lower opinion of than Trump, but Cruz is one.
i think cruz and nunez are as sleazy and creepy as it gets.......cruz to me looks like a young grandpa munster or wally gator.........his moniker is one of trump's most accurate.....how can anyone cozy up to trump after the way trump insulted cruz's wife and viciously attacked cruz's father....that proved to me that cruz has no soul.
8/31/2017 8:11 PM
If we didn't hear about his generosity already then we'd be hearing from gadflies asking "why didn't the wealthy president step up and donate to the Harvey cause?" Can't win for losing, can he?
8/31/2017 8:11 PM
i can see it coming out a week from now but not the minute he donates it...it makes it look like it isnt done for the right reason even if it is......if it wasnt announced and then the gadflies complained he could then really shut them up and look good when he did it.
8/31/2017 8:17 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 8/31/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):
Cruz said the attached pork to the bill is why he voted against.

Especially on important items such as disaster relief, no attachments to legislation should be allowed.
8/31/2017 8:22 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/31/2017 8:06:00 PM (view original):

it is great that he did that....but why have we heard about it already....nevertheless it is a good thing.........DiCaprio also donated 1 mill.
Perhaps some news outlets aren't pointing that out. Our biased media wants their side looking good, and aren't doing cartwheels patting the other side on the back...
8/31/2017 8:24 PM
my understanding is that it was very fat free pork and cruz just wanted to be the most conservative senator.......he wanted to make a name for himself....that money was desperately needed then as it is now.
8/31/2017 8:36 PM
Cruz exaggerated but there was non emergency funding within...considering how much Congress ****** away, he should have voted in favor of it, and worked towards streamlining bills later.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/31/fact-check-ted-cruz-wrong-hurricane-sandy-relief/619809001/
8/31/2017 8:45 PM (edited)
Posted by redwingscup on 8/31/2017 8:11:00 PM (view original):
If we didn't hear about his generosity already then we'd be hearing from gadflies asking "why didn't the wealthy president step up and donate to the Harvey cause?" Can't win for losing, can he?
Don't worry, we'll hear about his generosity. One of his sons is already complaining that the fake news isn't mentioning it enough.

8/31/2017 10:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.