Territorial Progressive Full Thanks Everyone Topic

Crazy 1. If he starts the season on your team, he is yours for that year, use whatever benefits you the most as long as it has your team name next to it in the draft center.

2 Yes, if their career continues elsewhere they are draftable in their first full season away.

Thats it for tonight guys.

We have 14 in and 2 willing to take a second team if we can’t get to 16, so we are definitely playing.
3/4/2020 8:59 PM
I have a question with our territorial keepers - researching another team. I noticed 1950 Ken Raffensberger played in WIS till 1953, but when I open BBR it shows he played another 10 innings in 1954 that we couldn't use. I would rather pick a rookie in 1954, but is the rule saying I'd have to keep him in 54? Also applies to the start of their career if they played in BBR, but not in WIS.
3/5/2020 11:36 AM
danidon - First thank you for a good question instead of a complaint, refreshing.

If he is on your team and not WIS elgible you may cut him and pick up a rookie . (New Ruling)'
At the beginning of the career I previously stated it is up to you, You could pick him up and IR him for a year, or you could wait.
3/5/2020 1:17 PM
Can we drop a territorial player after any season and then pick up an upcoming rookie as our territorial player in his rookie season if he is with our franchise?
3/5/2020 2:17 PM
Rules on page 4 go over this. You keep your territorial player till he leaves your franchise.

The last 2 franchises are going to be tough to fill (Reds/Stl. Browns((BALT))). I'd be willing to take the Reds as a 2nd team unless we find a Reds owner before we start.
3/5/2020 2:37 PM
Another question - If my territorial player finishes playing for my team in 1955 - and then plays for Cleveland from 56-63.
Can the Cleveland owner draft him in 1956 and use him as his territorial player?

I understand that I must draft a 1956 rookie to be my new territorial player, but what if the Cleveland owner also has his territorial player end in 1955 - does he have the choice of drafting a 1956 rookie or drafting the guy I cut (who plays for Cleveland from 56-63) to be his new territorial player?
3/5/2020 2:39 PM
Posted by Landry19 on 3/5/2020 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Another question - If my territorial player finishes playing for my team in 1955 - and then plays for Cleveland from 56-63.
Can the Cleveland owner draft him in 1956 and use him as his territorial player?

I understand that I must draft a 1956 rookie to be my new territorial player, but what if the Cleveland owner also has his territorial player end in 1955 - does he have the choice of drafting a 1956 rookie or drafting the guy I cut (who plays for Cleveland from 56-63) to be his new territorial player?
He wouldn’t be a rookie so Cleve couldn’t pick him up, it has to be an incoming rookie for your franchise
3/5/2020 2:44 PM
Then another question - are our new territorial players *automatic*, or do we have to draft them in the first round of the rookie draft ?
3/5/2020 2:46 PM
If they are not automatic how can you plan to draft them??

If I have the Dodgers and plan to draft Koufax - how do I draft Koufax if I have the 10th pick in the first round?, he would be long gone before then.
3/5/2020 3:08 PM
He would not be in the draft. You would select your new territorial that season as part of your keepers before draft starts.

So you will have 2 territorials and 1 legacy as your keepers plus the 1-22 normal keepers (minus ones dropped).
3/5/2020 3:11 PM
To get the ball rolling if we're , if were down to St Louis/ Bal
I'll take short timers;
Legacy= 1914 & 1915 Jack Quinn
1950 P=Ned Garver
1950=Don Lenhardt (footsie)
3/5/2020 3:17 PM
Just to save some research for potential new owners, I looked up some stuff:

REDS-Legacy-Noodles Hahn 1899-1905 or Tony Mullins 1886-1892/ Territorial Ken Raffensberger 1950-1953(1954 rookie Art Fowler) and Ted Kluzenski 1950-1957(1958 rookie Vida Pinson)

3/5/2020 5:32 PM (edited)
Posted by fatguyrd on 3/2/2020 2:02:00 PM (view original):
LEGACY ( YOU CAN TAKE ANYBODY FROM FRANCHISE BEFORE 1950)
TERRITORIAL (HAS TO BE AN INCOMING ROOKIE,BUT,1. MAYBE YOU TAKE ONE WHO ONLY STAYS A SEASON OR TWO, LEAVES, AND THEN A BETTER ONE MIGHT BE THERE OR 2. MAYBE YOU PICK A ROOKIE WHO IS NOT WIS ELIGIBLE TILL HIS 2ND SEASON, IR HIM FOR A YEAR, AND DRAFT AN EXTRA PLAYER) THOSE ARE THE ONLY WORK AROUNDS. some FRANCHISES MAY DO ONE THE FIRST SEASON.
I had chosen my Territorial player as Roy Smalley (1950-53) planning to replace him with Ernie Banks in his first WIS season of '54. But, reading this clarification, does it mean that because Banks had a non-WIS season in '53 I could not take him in '54?

If so, I will exchange my Smalley pick for someone else.
3/5/2020 3:35 PM
No your good - Smalley to 53 and Banks at 54.

If he is on your team and not WIS eligible you may cut him and pick up a rookie . (New Ruling)'
At the beginning of the career I previously stated it is up to you, You could pick him up and IR him for a year, or you could wait.
3/5/2020 3:50 PM
I thought all teams were taken. Did Rufus (my Son) waste his $
3/5/2020 6:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Territorial Progressive Full Thanks Everyone Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.