LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by dino27 on 8/31/2017 8:17:00 PM (view original):
i can see it coming out a week from now but not the minute he donates it...it makes it look like it isnt done for the right reason even if it is......if it wasnt announced and then the gadflies complained he could then really shut them up and look good when he did it.
This. Trump's not the sort to contribute quietly to anything. There's got to be plenty of fanfare and press releases and his own sons dispatched to complain that the media isn't covering Dad's amazing generosity enough.

It's not as if Trump has a great track record with this stuff. There's always something shady going on with this pathological liar. And we can call him a pathological liar now, right? That's not a controversial statement at this point, I would assume...
8/31/2017 10:48 PM (edited)
people who could be on resignation watch...

1. Rex Tillerson.....it appears that it is not a happy marriage.....and Tillerson does not seem to be very qualified.......how long would Romney have lasted.
2. Gary Cohn - not a happy camper...only one straw left.
3. chief of staff Kelly - already called the church lady...stifling trump....who could replace him.......who would agree to take the job.....maybe sarah sanders huckabee.
8/31/2017 10:48 PM
Some are criticizing Trump for going to Texas too soon. The same ones that would complain if he didn't go soon enough.
8/31/2017 11:03 PM
the only thing i criticize him on strongly is not speaking compassionately and directly to the victims and discussing what has happened to them... talking about the deaths and all of the other kinds of losses....not sharing the words of comfort that only a president can share.....it was in very stark contrast to the way that pence comported himself.......pence was presidential.....i think trump was at best adequate.
8/31/2017 11:15 PM
On more than one occasion he has, but initially he didn't do it. I will forgive if he oversees a good or better relief effort. Hopefully the lessons from Katrina and Sandy will provide us the wisdom...
8/31/2017 11:20 PM
I would think many victims are more concerned with assistance over compassion.

Bush was comforting in New Orleans, but the relief effort fell well short. That got him poor marks.
8/31/2017 11:22 PM
words from a president do matter in times of crisis.......it is part of assistance.......thats what true leaders do...i was impressed with pence...he acted like a president and looked like a president...i give him kudos.......trump wasnt awful but he wasnt special.....
8/31/2017 11:28 PM
Let me insert a quick SIM post here so we can live up to the title of this thread, and also pay the rent for this lovely forum we're calling home:

I was just researching players for my next Random Captain season and came across 1989 Howard Johnson, whose salary is now a whopping $8,521,993. It was $5.39M when dynamic pricing began. From his salary history I see that over five updates he's gone up by the maximum 10% four times (including the most recent time). Who the heck is still drafting him at that price? That's nuts. Hilarious, but nuts. How high is HoJo's price tag going to get before owners stop drafting him? $12M? $15M? $20M?
8/31/2017 11:29 PM
Dynamic pricing needs an enema. I like the idea, but it is broken.
8/31/2017 11:31 PM
reminds me of the nearly blind but kindhearted elderly couple visiting someone in the hospital and accidentally ending up in the morgue....... one of the magoos felt a toe tag and wanted to know who they could talk to about the sale going on.
8/31/2017 11:33 PM
If there's one place I'm willing to give unfettered free market capitalism a chance, it's SimLeague Baseball. It's all pretend salaries anyway. No one's getting hurt.
8/31/2017 11:54 PM
i dont really follow mlb anymore and i dont really understand why...i enjoy sim more......i think part of it is that i have never recovered from the steroids era.....when i found out it was like professional wrestlers i stopped following baseball......i came back for the phillies run....but even then i was not a full fledged fan anymore........part of it is too many teams......also.i dont like there being a coors field.........players constantly move....because of money good players are staying in the minors..........there are way too many players.....same for all sports............at least in basketball there are still less then 400 players...there are almost 1000 players in baseball........
9/1/2017 9:39 AM
how are the ratings for baseball on tv other then world series......i guess it is still very high.......i just find the market for sports overly saturated ...too many teams...too many players.
9/1/2017 10:56 AM
major Rs breaking rank with the trump on dacca......wont allow trump's inhumanity against good kids to happen.
9/1/2017 12:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.