Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

add Detroit to the list as I'll take it
5/8/2019 4:18 PM
Posted by rufus4ever on 5/8/2019 4:18:00 PM (view original):
add Detroit to the list as I'll take it
Outstanding! 17 in, only 3 to go.
5/8/2019 4:43 PM
Cool features of some remaining teams:
-Baltimore will have both Cal Ripken and Wddie Murray for the whole of the 80s and Mike Mussina and Curt Shilling for the whole of the 90s. Power duos! Jake Arrieta would be another intriguing option for the player to bring back from the future.

-the Royals have Saberhagen, Danny Jackson, and Mark Gubicza show up in 1984. Lots of good pitching there, to add to an OF that could have two great CFs in Willie Wilson and Carlos Beltran.

-the Phillies - I don’t know if people
aopreciate just how good Mike Schmidt was in the early 80s before he became the grumpy old man he is today!

-Add Derek Jeter to the 1981 Yankees and you have a damn good team. And some people
argue that Don Mattingly was the best 1B of the 1980s
5/8/2019 9:20 PM (edited)
Posted by crazyamos on 5/8/2019 9:20:00 PM (view original):
Cool features of some remaining teams:
-Baltimore will have both Cal Ripken and Wddie Murray for the whole of the 80s and Mike Mussina and Curt Shilling for the whole of the 90s. Power duos! Jake Arrieta would be another intriguing option for the player to bring back from the future.

-the Royals have Saberhagen, Danny Jackson, and Mark Gubicza show up in 1984. Lots of good pitching there, to add to an OF that could have two great CFs in Willie Wilson and Carlos Beltran.

-the Phillies - I don’t know if people
aopreciate just how good Mike Schmidt was in the early 80s before he became the grumpy old man he is today!

-Add Derek Jeter to the 1981 Yankees and you have a damn good team. And some people
argue that Don Mattingly was the best 1B of the 1980s
Shhhh(about Schmidt)!! He will look really nice in a Mariners uniform.
5/9/2019 4:53 AM
I’d prefer that no player be allowed on 2 teams. It will mess up the career stats. One of the fun things about a progressive.
5/9/2019 5:09 AM
It will only happen to a few players on original rosters, not gonna handicap anyone at the beginning, and it’s only those who have eligible seasons for two teams in 81 only, after that we have a clear rule.
5/9/2019 6:47 AM
I have sent a sitemail to Disco Dogs requesting to change from the Red Sox to my beloved Yankees. Something about running the enemy just didn't sit well with me.
5/9/2019 7:33 AM
done
5/9/2019 7:34 AM
With 17 of 20 in, everyone who hasn’t named your “bring back” player and year, please do so. Also, start looking over your roster and get a cut list ready, so the draft won’t take as long to get up and running.
5/9/2019 7:40 AM
My start year for Ichiro is obviously his rookie year.
5/9/2019 8:11 AM
I’ve offered via sitemail to take the Red sox if the commish will allow owners to have two teams, one In Each league.
5/9/2019 8:23 AM
I agree with Crazy
5/9/2019 12:18 PM
Thanks for the endorsement, sohio - another one came in over sitemail. My hometown is Boston. I can take Boston in the AL, LA in the NL, and never trade between the 2 teams. Pretty standard in progressives when an owner has 2 teams. I'll take good care of them, and if/when I need to leave a team, leave them in great shape with lots of notice. That's been my MO for years on this site.

What do you say, DD?
5/9/2019 1:48 PM
Nothing against you crazy, but the Red Sox are a pretty appealing franchise, so I think we should give it a bit more time. If 19 spots fill, and we go a few days without any interest, at that point I think it's fair to look at someone taking a second team.
5/9/2019 1:52 PM
I’m fine with it crazy, and I’ve got one more owner via site mail, that will but as at 19!
5/9/2019 2:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...15 Next ▸
Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.