FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

There are 12 hours left to schedule the tiebreaker game. Please do so in as early a slot as you can. If the game is not scheduled, Punishment will be HEADS and Rushmore TAILS in our first coin flip to see who advances to the Semifinals.
3/23/2020 7:33 AM
I messaged Punishment two days ago to challenge me and he responded. I assume that he is just trying to sign some players and is taking as long as possible to challenge me. I hope he does so today!
3/23/2020 8:55 AM
Last call for alcohol...
3/23/2020 5:33 PM
I never received a challenge from him. Frustrating.
3/23/2020 9:35 PM
Well, I'm not sure why the game was never scheduled but it's almost two hours past the deadline...so I'll do a coin flip to decide the last Semifinalist. Capital Punishment is HEADS and Rushmore FC is TAILS.

You flipped 10 coins of type East Caribbean $1:

Timestamp: 2020-03-24 01:45:47 UTC

LOL - a 5-5 tie (that figures.) Coin flip #2

You flipped 10 coins of type East Caribbean $1:

Timestamp: 2020-03-24 01:48:49 UTC

TAILS (the ship) wins 6-4, so Rushmore FC advances.
3/23/2020 9:56 PM
The Semifinals will be posted in the morning and scheduling can begin thereafter. The time frame will be March 25th to March 31st.
3/23/2020 9:59 PM
The Semifinals match-ups have been set and you can schedule away. It's a home and away series. As each game is scheduled, I'll post the date so that everyone will know when they will be played. Any questions, please ask.

Good luck to the final four. You're one step away from a chance at glory.
3/24/2020 9:59 AM
Thanks gomiami! Challenge sent.
3/24/2020 1:58 PM
All four Semifinals games are now scheduled, with one leg of each series on the 27th and the other on the 28th.

3/25/2020 10:35 AM
Sorry guys...had some sick folks in the house...couldn't get on the computer...good luck everyone.
3/25/2020 5:58 PM
Posted by cpunishment on 3/25/2020 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Sorry guys...had some sick folks in the house...couldn't get on the computer...good luck everyone.
No worries cap. Hope everyone is healthy now.
3/25/2020 9:46 PM
Posted by cpunishment on 3/25/2020 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Hope everything's OK. You can kick all of our butts in FC Dynasty Cup V this summer...
3/25/2020 10:34 PM
Half of the Semifinals are now complete as Hespeler Impact and Rushmore FC fight to a 1-1 draw and #16 seed the crutchanators of soccer takes the opener 5-2 over Metropolitan Screaming Eagles. Both remaining games are tomorrow, unless we go to overtime for a 3rd knockout stage in a row.

The L'Orteil D'or is still a tie between Brodrick Buchanan (NDFC) and Aiken Mulrooney (Hespeler) as the number of games left to claim the trophy are now down to a handful.
3/27/2020 9:01 AM
We started out with 28 teams and, five weeks later, only two remain. Hespeler Impact advance with a 5-2 aggregate over FC Dynasty Cup II Champion Rushmore FC. Hespeler's Aiken Mulrooney takes command of the L'Orteil D'or after scoring his 11th goal and is four goals clear of the next active player left in the tournament. the crutchanators of soccer prove that seeding is not an accurate measurement of team strength as they overpower Metropolitan Screaming Eagles with a 9-4 aggregate in the other Semifinals.

We have finally arrived at the Championship Round.

The Championship has a few differences when compared to the other knockout rounds. Away goals don't matter - The only thing that counts are aggregate goals. If the two games go [9-8, 0-1], that is a 9-9 tie and that 8-1 away goals advantage is irrelevant. There are no seeds - This is not #11 versus #16. Therefore, if a tie occurs, a coin flip will determine who hosts the first tiebreaker game. If that game is tied, the other team will automatically host the 2nd tiebreaker game, etc. There is no time frame - Games can be scheduled at the convenience of the two teams playing and tiebreaker games are unlimited. We'll play until a Champion is crowned.

Congratulations to Hespeler and crutchanators on making it to the Championship and best of luck. You may begin scheduling the home and away series whenever you wish. A small army of volunteers have begun forging the trophies.
3/28/2020 9:40 AM (edited)
Good luck to both teams in the finals! This has been a really fun tournament.
3/28/2020 3:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.