Talk is cheap...WIS' silence has already spoken multiple volumes about how much they "care" about their games.

I honestly don't care enough anymore to "rage" against WIS, my last league has finally come to a conclusion and I'm looking forward to a bunch of time off from this game. I will, however, probably be pursuing other avenues by simming matchups with a credible sim, further testing my BPI formulas to potentially rank major pro sports in the future, while creating teams that I WANT TO CREATE, maximizing the WHAT IF concept elsewhere.

The damage has been done and it really seems to be irreparable, Scott. I understand that you guys on the whole are being pinched just like any other company and that the FOX buyout has arguably worked out as terribly as possible, but WIS' overall demeanor makes the situation that much worse. I've never encountered near as much of the standoffish arrogance in any business that depended on its customer base so much. For what its worth, I hope you guys can turn it around for the betterment of the guys that have the blind loyalty to WIS...that's basically it.
6/21/2009 11:51 PM
golly guys give him some space (he was reading the threads all along just like he said he would - in fact he read those posts asking for his input or acknowledgement with special interest Im sure - it's just that he was way too busy to type:"Guys Im still here please be patient with me"

I mean that's 9 whole words and it took me nearly 10 seconds to type them)

maybe mr seble sir can you please recap some of the ideas that we've discussed that you think might be 'priorities' for a future release? or maybe you can tell us what steps you are taking to fix the atrocity -er I mean minor defect er I mean philosophical difference of opinions that is exemplified by the phrase 'Zach Randolph 93 d rating'?

ha ha ha

suckers
6/28/2009 11:15 AM
Here's the thing, Seble... you have people that agree on basically nothing else agreeing on you - or your lack of tact, ability or caring.
6/28/2009 2:25 PM
Here's my dilemma:

Once I post in these forums, there is an expectation that I should continually post in every thread and respond to every comment. I'd love to do that, but I just don't have the time to do it and still get any work done.

If I don't post at all then it's interpreted as ignoring you guys and that I don't care about the game, which is not true at all.

I can handle the criticism, it's part of the deal when you have customers. If you don't like the game or how I've managed it, then ok, you have a right to your opinion. I'm a human being so yeah I do get defensive sometimes when I'm taking shots and right. But ultimately I'm doing the best I can given my circumstances.

6/29/2009 9:25 AM
The man makes one post in ages here, and its a 3 paragraph excuse...well played Scott...
6/29/2009 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 6/29/2009Here's my dilemma:

Once I post in these forums, there is an expectation that I should continually post in every thread and respond to every comment. I'd love to do that, but I just don't have the time to do it and still get any work done.

No, there is not that expectation. There is an expectation of you following up - which means posting every few days - maybe just once a week. I can certainly understand hesitating to post because of certain people will take any chance to take a shot at you, but we'll do that whether you post or not.

All I'm saying is that completely ignoring (which by not posting at all you give the impression of doing) us won't help you, the game or the community at all.

We have no idea of what's going on with the sim right now - if anything at all:

1) Are any of the things we brought up in the feedback thread being talked about being possibly implemented?

2) Is there any headway towards getting the 08-09 players' defensive rating and 3) position effectiveness looked at and changed? These are simple things that you can say "yes" or "no" to.

I don't want a lot man... but as for someone who checks this site at least 2x a day to micromanage his teams, I think we deserve at least a weekly word from you, even if it's "nothing's happening right now".
6/29/2009 10:26 AM
Right now Casey (cdavis) is working on some minor things, but otherwise not much going on. As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, we're moving toward more structured updates a few times per year instead of small ones here and there. So there won't be much to update every few days or even every week.
6/29/2009 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 6/29/2009The man makes one post in ages here, and its a 3 paragraph excuse...well played Scott..
Using first names makes you an even larger gaping vagina than you already were.
6/29/2009 10:40 AM
Okay. Some minor things. Thanks for the update. I'm assuming you won't share what those minor things are as to get our hopes up. Will you tell us if the defensive ratings and position effectiveness of the 08-09 players are even being looked at?
6/29/2009 10:51 AM
We're still debating whether it makes more sense to do a band-aid fix of a handful of players or redo all the 08-09 players and re-release them. The latter is probably better, but would be much more time consuming.

We're also talking about tweaking position effectiveness to make it slightly less restrictive in general rather than manually editing certain players.
6/29/2009 11:04 AM
Thanks, seble. Even this much information is helpful, just to know what's on the radar screen. Any news on timing of the next update?
6/29/2009 11:16 AM
Yeah man, this is very helpful stuff. Thank you. For what it's worth, on position effectiveness, I'm in favor of making it slightly less restrictive. As for the 08-09 players defense - I think you need to examine the formula, as something has to be off. I think it has something to do with defensive rebounding, but that's just a hypothesis.
6/29/2009 11:44 AM
Hmm, not a bad guess, ash. Better explanation for Murphy's rating than anything I can come with.
6/29/2009 11:54 AM
Much of the defensive rating and even some of the effectiveness issues come from poor listed positions. Normally I go through and manually adjust those before running the defensive ratings and position effectiveness, but I failed to do that this time. A lot of the positions have been corrected, but we'd have to re-run the def ratings and effectiveness.
6/29/2009 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by longtallbrad on 6/29/2009Hmm, not a bad guess, ash. Better explanation for Murphy's rating than anything I can come with.

Yeah. I disagree with having defensive rebounding as part of the defensive rating in the first place. AFAIK, defensive rating is used only on opponent's fg%. If this is the case, then def reb% does not belong in that equation. If I'm wrong, then that's another story.
6/29/2009 1:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...39 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.