A new classic in customer support. Topic

5/27/2011 4:49 PM ashamael
There is a grave roster mistake in one of my basketball teams' leagues.

In NBA37327, the user dujovic has an illegal player on his team InsertTeamNameHere. He has 10-11 Wilson Chandler (2401 minutes), yet he only paid $239,000 for him. We're talking about a player whose salary is listed at over $5,000,000.

That means you have someone playing in a $42 million Open League with a salary that should be more than $47 million!!!

I don't know how he managed to get a 2400 minute player for $239k (chandler doesn't even have any $239k seasons), but he managed to get a first round bye out of the deal. He didn't say anything about it until the playoffs were ready to start.

This needs to be corrected immediately. I don't know how it happened, but this is an outrage.
6/1/2011 10:03 AM Customer Support
I've been unable to determine exactly how that player record existed and was draft eligible, but it appears to have only been there for a very short time. I've issued a $5 credit to all the other owners in the league.
6/1/2011 12:11 PM ashamael
That's very nice and I appreciate that credit for all the teams that are out of it, but are you going to leave the illegal player on the team for the playoffs? Our series starts this afternoon (6/1 pm game). The player played in 57 games, by the way - well more than half of his games.
6/1/2011 1:19 PM Customer Support
It wouldn't make sense to remove the player now. Had it been brought up early in the season, then it might have made sense to remove him.
6/1/2011 2:13 PM ashamael
That's comforting to know that it doesn't make sense to remove a player from a team that's salary base is over $47M in a $42M open league.

Wow.
6/1/2011 2:14 PM
Classy, WIS.

Now it's time to try and figure out how to exploit the waiver wire since WIS does nothing to penalize people who do.
6/1/2011 2:15 PM
6/1/2011 1:19 PM Customer Support
It wouldn't make sense to remove the player now. Had it been brought up early in the season, then it might have made sense to remove him.

Wouldn't make sense? What a joke. "Had it been brought up early in the season..."  At what point is the cutoff to fix it? 10 games? 20 games? Define "early in the season".

I'd want a $9.95 credit if I had participated in that bullsh*t league. Garbage.

6/1/2011 2:43 PM
It wasn't brought up because the douche didn't mention it until the end of the season, but I was 2-1 against him during the season.
6/1/2011 9:17 PM
I need to look into this 2010-11 Wilson Chandler, very promising
6/1/2011 9:19 PM
Ha!
6/1/2011 10:26 PM
It gets better:

6/1/2011 4:56 PM Customer Support
It would give your team an advantage that his other playoff opponents didn't have. That wouldn't be fair to them. Obviously it's not fair to the other 23 teams in general, which is why the $5 was given.
6/2/2011 3:21 AM ashamael
He had a first round bye. I'm his first opponent. But it's okay for his team to have a $5 million plus advantage over mine?

This does not make any sense.

6/2/2011 3:22 AM
Oooh here we go!

6/2/2011 10:06 AM Customer Support
We've issued compensation for the situation, so there's nothing more we're going to do.

good to know that CS is as worthless as we've thought for the past 3 (or more) years.
6/2/2011 3:44 PM
I was in a baseball league years ago with a team that had illegal players that were discovered during the playoffs similar to the situation above.

They replaced the team with the illegal players and ran the playoffs again.

They did the same thing in UPL 1.0 when an illegal player was discovered after the league ended.

I am surprised they did not do it in the situation above.
6/2/2011 4:15 PM
Posted by ncih on 6/2/2011 4:15:00 PM (view original):
I was in a baseball league years ago with a team that had illegal players that were discovered during the playoffs similar to the situation above.

They replaced the team with the illegal players and ran the playoffs again.

They did the same thing in UPL 1.0 when an illegal player was discovered after the league ended.

I am surprised they did not do it in the situation above.
I know all about the UPL Bill Cartwright situation....I won a chip because of that...I haven't won as many of you so I tend to remember these things lol
6/2/2011 4:31 PM
This is almost enough to make me leave the site.  What a ridiculous outrage.
6/2/2011 4:36 PM
Believe it or not, I'm almost with WIS here...how did you guys not catch it until the playoffs...how did the league FOUNDER not catch this?  Certainly he should have never gotten WC for $239K, but police yourselves a bit, eh?  Simleague basketball has been boring for about 3-4 years now
6/2/2011 11:30 PM
I took advantage of a glitch in CRD (while it was around) and I didn't say anything about it until I stopped playing, and even then Norbert/CS didn't believe me...I almost admire the savvy cheater to be honest...drafting a $5mil player for min salary is very savvy....it's like having the wear-with-all to pickup QB-WR Joe Webb in FFB...cheating or gamesmanship?
6/2/2011 11:33 PM
Trevor...you do not see how much people spent for players unless you go to the additional info tab.  That tab is useless when playing against someone as no one ever looks at it.  I don't check it with my own team, I look at the advanced stats and sometimes the total stats as well and that is about it.
6/2/2011 11:34 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 6/2/2011 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Trevor...you do not see how much people spent for players unless you go to the additional info tab.  That tab is useless when playing against someone as no one ever looks at it.  I don't check it with my own team, I look at the advanced stats and sometimes the total stats as well and that is about it.
The league founder should have validated all teams before the league started...a bit of an oversight on his part, whoever it is.  If I spot a $5mil player for $239K, I'm drafting him and not saying a damn thing until after I benefit completely...WIS is partly to blame here, but they don't own the majority of the blame.
6/2/2011 11:36 PM
1234 Next ▸
A new classic in customer support. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.