Explain Your Coach Name Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
homage to the 343 members of fdny who lost their lives climbing up into the World Trade Center - I'm originally from NY - knew some guys in the fire department - was stunned and always will be stunned by that number

2/2/2018 11:17 AM
My then-16yo came up with it. I’ll ask, but he’ll probably just say it’s random. He also said he was in his 40s, and from Greenland, so...
2/2/2018 11:20 AM
Pig Benis
2/2/2018 11:25 AM
My name was given to me at birth...because that was my Dad's name...and now is also my son's name!
2/2/2018 11:27 AM
In youth football we were doing the drill where you lay on your back, the coach blows the whistle and you get up and run at the other player and hit him, I had trouble getting up one time, coach said I looked like a turtle laying on its back, and it didn’t help that I was slow, so for the remainder of my time in youth football my coaches called me turtle. I changed it to Monster Turtle because I thought it was cooler
2/2/2018 11:31 AM
Zorzii : Volley-ball player from Italia that looked like a undead. But he was amazing. Played against Timmons and Kiraly. Timmons was another of my fav.
2/2/2018 11:56 AM
Slayter Hill is the primary tailgating spot for football games at my alma mater, Purdue. It also has an amphitheater where the band plays a pregame show to get everyone fired up. Used to be a pretty wild tailgating experience back in the days when Drew Brees and I roamed the campus. It's a little more laid back now, but still a good time on college football gamedays.
2/2/2018 12:10 PM
I think that the Cleveland Indians rock.
2/2/2018 12:54 PM
wvufan76 was an email address. But it sums me up very well.

Life long WVU Fan, and I graduated High School in 1976.
2/2/2018 1:11 PM
My @$$hole older sister made this name as my very first email address when i was ~12 years old. I was too dumb to know how stupid it is. Now I find it very funny :)
2/2/2018 1:15 PM
When i set up my name i was visiting my in-laws in North Palm Beach. Numbers were last 4 digits of my phone at the time.
2/2/2018 1:30 PM
Actually as sports fans here I would love if someone could guess coach's name?
2/2/2018 1:43 PM
Posted by brett3154 on 2/2/2018 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Actually as sports fans here I would love if someone could guess coach's name?
Probably the greatest 3rd baseman in history, George Brett. Had 3,154 career hits. I remember in the 78 playoffs he must've hit 3 homers in Game 3 at Yankee Stadium, was a sunny Saturday afternoon. Guy was a legend. Pine tar game my brother had the game on and called me in when Brett went nuts. Watched it on WPIX.
2/2/2018 1:57 PM (edited)
I'm a big fan of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven." There was a bust of Pallas Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom, above his chamber door. Since the poem only refers to her as Pallas, I didn't know it was a female.

So...you know...I'm a Greek goddess...
2/2/2018 2:14 PM
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
Explain Your Coach Name Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.