2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Its the year 2000, we survived the Y2K crisis, and you've been named GM of your favorite team. You inherit the existing roster, and can now build the team How It Should Have Been Done. (hence the HISHBD moniker).
So you take over any team that existed in 2000 and beginning with the 2000 season, we start a progressive league.
24 teams.
DH in the AL.
Balanced schedule
Must use home stadium
WC in each league.
Straight draft (3 rounds in pre 2000 season draft, then keepers and normal draft.
40 win floor for draft.
Yes to AAA. (four real life players from your 2000 opening day roster in year one and any eligible player beginning in the 2001 season)
Inaugural draft is a three round draft from the eight teams not selected by owners. All non drafted players, plus new players are available in 2001 draft.
A little different twist on typical progressives that might be fun to take a team and draft the players, make the trades you would have made if you were GM of your team.
I'll pick my team after a couple others sign up with theirs.
Owner - team.
1. Boston - maddawg
2. San Francisco - jtm2016
3. Yankees - sonofadin52
4. St. Louis - neabaseball
5. Minnesota - tigerpaw
6. Arizona - rjk2781
7. Colorado - Dodgerdon
8. Oakland - strubrosII
9. Cincinatti - quagmire9000
10. Seattle - tedcogswell
11. Atlanta - gds46016
12. Philadelphia - chrisekeedei
13. Houston - pugmania
14. Los Angeles - mwett
15. Montreal - kaboom1969
16. Cleveland - spcaesar
17. Toronto - jtm2016
18. Baltimore - coltjj
19. Florida - Disco Dogs
20. Pittsburgh - totalpkg504
21. Chicago Cubs - ny2Dave
22. Detroit - scczubelek
23. Texas - maddawg
24.

AL Teams picked so far -
East -
1. Yankees
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Baltimore

Central -
1. Minnesota
2. Houston
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit

West
1. Oakland
2. Seattle
3. Texas
4.


NL Teams picked so far -
East
1. Atlanta
2. Montreal
3. Philadelphia
4. Florida

Central -
1. Cincinnati
2. St. Louis
3. Pittsburgh
4. Chicago

West -
1. Arizona
2. San Francisco
3. Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Colorado

(*Going to have to figure out a realignment here I guess - LOL)
Remaining teams - AL franchise spots left to choose from: Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Chicago White Sox, Kansas City,
3/15/2023 9:46 AM (edited)
Why not? I'll take my hometown Giants.
2/14/2023 6:50 PM
I'll go with Yankees
2/14/2023 7:27 PM
I will take the Cardinals
2/15/2023 8:13 AM
I will take the Braves
2/15/2023 9:17 AM
Questions:
-Will there be a salary cap?
-For rosters, since the real life teams used more than 25 players, do we just choose which of the 25 plus the players we draft from the leftover teams?
-If the team traded for a player, can we use that players combined season or only his part when he actually played for the team? And same question applies for players traded away from the team.

Thanks.
2/15/2023 11:34 AM
Posted by rjk2781 on 2/15/2023 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Questions:
-Will there be a salary cap?
-For rosters, since the real life teams used more than 25 players, do we just choose which of the 25 plus the players we draft from the leftover teams?
-If the team traded for a player, can we use that players combined season or only his part when he actually played for the team? And same question applies for players traded away from the team.

Thanks.
Will there be a salary cap?
No
-For rosters, since the real life teams used more than 25 players, do we just choose which of the 25 plus the players we draft from the leftover teams?
Yes
-If the team traded for a player, can we use that players combined season or only his part when he actually played for the team? And same question applies for players traded away from the team.
Yes to players traded to or away. We just need to give one team "rights" to a player who is on multiple teams. I suppose the team the player started the season with, but open to team player finished the season with,
2/15/2023 1:19 PM (edited)
Posted by tigerpaw23 on 2/15/2023 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rjk2781 on 2/15/2023 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Questions:
-Will there be a salary cap?
-For rosters, since the real life teams used more than 25 players, do we just choose which of the 25 plus the players we draft from the leftover teams?
-If the team traded for a player, can we use that players combined season or only his part when he actually played for the team? And same question applies for players traded away from the team.

Thanks.
Will there be a salary cap?
No
-For rosters, since the real life teams used more than 25 players, do we just choose which of the 25 plus the players we draft from the leftover teams?
Yes
-If the team traded for a player, can we use that players combined season or only his part when he actually played for the team? And same question applies for players traded away from the team.
Yes to players traded to or away. We just need to give one team "rights" to a player who is on multiple teams. I suppose the team the player started the season with, but open to team player finished the season with,
Great, thanks.
Put me down for the D-Backs.
2/15/2023 1:56 PM
Welcome! and tell others. Everyone is welcome!
2/15/2023 2:16 PM
Just to make sure I understand, split season players (aka traded players) default to the team they started with in 2000 and the owner can use the combined season or the partial season that corresponds to his franchise.....am I correct???
2/15/2023 3:01 PM
Oh what the heck. I’ll take the lowly Expos/Nats. (Not my favorite team, but I would guess u knew that)

DD

Can I cut 2000 players on the Montreal roster & choose players in the draft or do I have to roster all of the 2000 Montreal players?
2/15/2023 4:34 PM (edited)
Posted by neabaseball on 2/15/2023 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Just to make sure I understand, split season players (aka traded players) default to the team they started with in 2000 and the owner can use the combined season or the partial season that corresponds to his franchise.....am I correct???
Yes. That seems to make the most sense to me. We are staring with the spring training rosters of 2000 for our initial team.
2/15/2023 4:35 PM
Posted by DodgerDon on 2/15/2023 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Oh what the heck. I’ll take the lowly Expos/Nats. (Not my favorite team, but I would guess u knew that)

DD

Can I cut 2000 players on the Montreal roster & choose players in the draft or do I have to roster all of the 2000 Montreal players?
Yes, you can cut players. You'll likely have to cut to get to 25 plus 3 AAA. The first draft will only be three rounds though so you'll have to make do with the majority of your existing team. Subsequent drafts will be for as many players as you need (seven eight nine rounds etc).
2/15/2023 4:38 PM
Oakland A's plz
2/15/2023 5:34 PM
Posted by strubrosII on 2/15/2023 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Oakland A's plz
You got 'em!
Welcome!
2/15/2023 6:09 PM
123456 Next ▸
2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.