1961 Classic 16 - CLOSED, SEE RULES/DRAFT THREAD Topic

I had a thought. A progressive that starts in 1961. The twist is that we draft the original 16 franchises and get the real life 1961 rosters as a starting point. From there, we rewrite history without expansion. Teams still move to ballparks and cities as they did in real life but it stays 16 teams and no interleague play until the World Series. Worth pursuing?
10/27/2023 1:51 AM (edited)
Good idea, but expansion should be included.
10/15/2023 11:36 PM
I would take a team.
10/16/2023 8:24 AM
I would be interested.Not a fan of expansion for this reason.I been a member since 202,I have yet to see an expansion team from 1969 fare well.I believe the reason is that so many good pitchers from 1964 through 1968 come into baseball and from 1969 and on the rookie pitching falls off.As a result,the expansion teams are constantly battling to not only find quality pitchers,they are battling to find innings.Then you have expansion owners get fed up and quit,and the constat search to find owners for mediocre teams begins
10/20/2023 3:43 PM
Id be interested
10/22/2023 10:08 AM
Well, that's 4 great owners + myself, which is a third of the league right there. I think we should go forward.
10/27/2023 1:26 AM
I really like the both the idea and that era of baseball so I would be interested. Also maybe allow teams to draft a few of their own future players (Pete Rose -Reds, Willie Stargell -Pirates, Yaz-Red Sox etc.) One issue would be how to make the really bad teams attractive enough for somebody to want and give them a chance to be competitive. Idk. Supplemental draft picks?
10/27/2023 10:13 AM
I’d take a team
10/28/2023 6:50 PM
I would be interested in team.
10/30/2023 10:33 AM
Good to see that this is picking up some interest. I'm taking it slow while doing other things, so please keep an eye on this space
10/30/2023 12:48 PM
I'd be interested. Count me in.
10/30/2023 4:18 PM
Interested.
10/30/2023 8:11 PM
Getting some great owners, this should be a high quality league!
10/31/2023 4:54 AM
I would be interested, I think. I might suggest, though, that we start with rosters at the end of the 1960 season (for 1961, the Angels and new Senators were added, while the former Senators became the Twins) and draft '61 rookies in reverse order of 1960 year-end standings . . . won't shake things up but so much, but at least would make 1961 a little less pro forma.
11/6/2023 11:36 AM
I would be interested. Count me in.
11/8/2023 2:48 PM
123 Next ▸
1961 Classic 16 - CLOSED, SEE RULES/DRAFT THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.