*** 8/4 pm games *** Topic

There was bug discovered in the gameplan page this evening that prevented coaches from setting up their gameplans for the PM games. We have fixed the problem with the page.

The only fair way to handle the PM games is to wipe them out and replay them. I understand this won't be a popular decision for those who won, but it's the fairest way to go.

Standings, stats, and fatigue should now be adjusted and injuries that happened in those games wiped out. Games have all been pushed back a day, so the wiped out games will be replayed Tuesday afternoon and then the seasons will proceed as normal.

If anyone notices any issues please submit a support ticket ASAP.

Sincerely apologize as this was my fault. I put out a bug fix to the page without realizing that there were other changes in the page that shouldn't have been released.
8/5/2008 12:16 AM
the only things you couldn't set were double teams and the "defensive matchups". Oh well, gone is gone. My win streak is still fubar.
8/5/2008 1:44 AM
really? we had to erase a whole cycle of games and throw off the whole schedule for something that basically nobody even noticed?

but when half the most experienced owners in the sim suggest that defensive ratings are ridiculous, it takes months to get anything done. typical.
8/5/2008 2:43 AM
I got two problems with that.

1- You didn't need to wipe out the games that had been played because the bug wasn't affecting that game, it was only for the next game, the AM, that we couldn't access it. I know because I made some adjustment in the doubleteams for that PM game and I sent a ticket about the problem when I tried to adjust it for the next, the AM game.

2- If you wipe out the game wipe out the stamina used for the game. The stamina has got to come back to where it was before the PM game. Right now it's not. I had OT in that game so I paid an extra stamina penalty for it and right now my players stamina is the same as it was after that OT game rather then what it was before that OT game.
8/5/2008 4:33 AM
actually I noticed it and sent a ticket to support. I was told by support to delete my internet cache, log in and out of the game and then run spyware. I did all that and still it didnt work. So now, I am sitting here with no printer becasue I must have destroyed some network link to my printer. It will cost me to get a techie here to fix it.
8/5/2008 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By omc_ss on 8/05/2008
actually I noticed it and sent a ticket to support. I was told by support to delete my internet cache, log in and out of the game and then run spyware. I did all that and still it didnt work. So now, I am sitting here with no printer becasue I must have destroyed some network link to my printer. It will cost me to get a techie here to fix it.
Well, I tried too and it didn't fix my players stamina. That's their typical lazy answer when they don't want to bother looking into the problem. Not the first time, I've been told many times to empty my cache and it didn't work, before they actually looked into it and admit the bug was on their side of the twine...

So Seble, what's up with that? Hope we get an answer before the next games get started.
8/5/2008 7:23 AM
Wow, this sucks. I won Game 1 of the Finals and now it is going to be replayed again.
8/5/2008 7:33 AM
Guys, the change went out in the morning around 9 or 10 so it definitely affected anyone gameplanning after that for the PM game yesterday. We got at least 7 ot 8 tickets about it. Of course I didn't want to wipe out games, but it was the only way that was fair to everybody.
8/5/2008 9:31 AM
Fatigue was reset to prior to that game. If you don't think it was, please submit a support ticket indicating what you think is incorrect. But please do it well before today's PM games.
8/5/2008 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 8/05/2008Guys, the change went out in the morning around 9 or 10 so it definitely affected anyone gameplanning after that for the PM game yesterday. We got at least 7 ot 8 tickets about it. Of course I didn't want to wipe out games, but it was the only way that was fair to everybody
Yep, I definitely noticed the problem pretty early yesterday morning and couldn't set gameplans appropriately. I think this was a fair and reasonable solution.
8/5/2008 9:40 AM
I couldn't game plan for the pm game in terms of double teaming or adjusting defenses for my one current team. I didn't care because all of that had been taken care of prior. Argh! A 3 game lead with 4 to play for the 6th playoff spot turns back into a 2 game lead with 5 to play. Again, I say, Argh!

I shouldn't have submitted the ticket.
8/5/2008 9:55 AM
What's really funny is how everyone thinks double teaming or defensive matchups will win you a game. That coupled with taking a day away from simming is ridiculous.
8/5/2008 10:34 AM
How many games got wiped out? In one of my leagues there are two games, not one, that I now have to replay. Went from winning a series 4-0 to being up only 2-0.
8/5/2008 10:34 AM
I actually do think dt and defensive matchups can win you games. DT the 50 ppg wilt with a -3 shift works wonders.
8/5/2008 11:13 AM
Seble, please check my ticket concerning the wiped out game and fatigue level because as it stands now I still have the same stamina that I had after that wiped out game which was OT for me, so not only do I have to replay a game I had already won but I'm losing the stamina it cost me too, that's a double no-no for me.

8/5/2008 11:14 AM
12345 Next ▸
*** 8/4 pm games *** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.