GOP psychos obsessed with Planned Parenthood Topic

The Republicans are so obsessed with Planned Parenthood that they're willing to risk shutting down the government over it.

This is going to cost them big time with independents and moderates.  It's like they're completely self-destructing.

4/8/2011 5:26 PM
They're probably ****** that Obama's friend won't let them in on the good prostitutes. 
4/8/2011 7:12 PM
Abortion has never been a "One issue" blockbuster for the Pro-choice as it is for the Pro-Life.

It is a fundemental core issue for Republicans. Almost no Democrats would vote on that issue alone.

Abortion is a Republican Win-Win issue.
4/9/2011 7:20 PM
However you think about abortion, why exactly does Planned Parenthood deserve a dime from me (funneled through government)?  Perhaps they can make a case to me directly to help fund them.  On what basis does money to them become sacred when there is virtually none left to give?
4/11/2011 7:09 PM

At least to me, cheap birth control could play a part in helping keep down health care premiums from the cost of uninsured teens not to mention the welfare/Wic that assuredly follows. 

I'd rather give money to a program like than that pay for politicians flying around in first class with their families. 

Not to mention I'd rather pay for Planned Parenthood at the expense of raising defense spending.  I suppose you could say that raising defense spending protects you better, but I don't think there's really any extra protecting that needs to be done.  The local propoganda office might think differently...but it's ultimately true.

4/12/2011 1:18 AM
If you'd rather give money to planned parenthood to help teens with birth control nothing would stop you.  In terms of medical care for the poor, Medicaid is already there.  I'm not going to pretend I don't care about the abortion aspect, because I do (a different debate for a different thread).  But even setting that aside, this, like any other similar "program" deserves to be scrutinized and it ought to be determined whether it is truly a government function or not. 

The defense assertion you make is unsupported opinion and somewhat unrelated, but I happen to agree in part.  There are too many avenues to waste money.  The major difference philosophically, of course, is that defense is chartered by the Constitution as function of our federal government.

Those that want to de-fund Planned Parenthood (which is not to say they lose all of their funding, only that from the federal government) are hardly "psychos" and though some are "obsessed", most I've talked to hardly fit that definition.  The use of those particular terms are meant to distract from the actual merits of the position.
4/12/2011 6:24 AM
The OP was pretty clearly talking about Congress and not the average Republican on the street, padna. I'd say you're the one trying to distract from the merits of the argument - which is that, regardless of your position on Planned Parenthood, it's insane to consider shutting down the government over it.
4/12/2011 7:34 AM
Well as you know it's hardly insane to try to get things you desire done through legislation.  The converse view, of course, is that are the liberals so married to the program that they're willing to consider shutting down the government?

All of that could have been avoided had there been a 2011 budget in the first place.  Something that was supposed to happen long before mid-term elections even occured. 
4/12/2011 7:44 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Heard about that.  It does suck when pols do that.  Like Pelosi's 6 million seniors won't eat comment followed by 3 million seniors will miss their dinners.  That doesn't help real discussion.  I don't remember which elephant said the comment you reference, but as far as I'm concerned even if 3% of the money I give to PP through government confiscation goes toward killing innocent human babies, it's too much.
4/12/2011 10:12 AM

Well if even .00000000003 percent of the money I pay into defense spending goes towards the killing of innocent human beings, it's too much.

4/12/2011 10:23 AM
Does that mean you grant my point on the PP issue?

And are you against any and all wars, even in defense?
4/12/2011 10:28 AM
Yes, morally, I'm against all wars and yes, I grant your point on the PP issue.  It's your opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.
4/12/2011 10:35 AM
So if I understand you position correctly, you would be against fighting Japan in WW2 after the Pearl Harbor invasion?  If someone wants to assert their power and take over your country, you would be morally against defending it?  I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but I am trying to understand that position.  (Although now I know we've shifted from the original topic).
4/12/2011 10:42 AM
No, I wouldn't be against fighting Japan in WW2.  Sadly.
4/12/2011 11:04 AM
1|2|3...27 Next ▸
GOP psychos obsessed with Planned Parenthood Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.