Trickiest Ballparks To Win With Topic

I believe I've used most of the ballparks since I begun playing.  Certainly there are a few I like to use more frequently having had success in them.  But there have been a few I've had a hard time with.  I presume Coors, Mile High, and Hilltop are the trickiest parks to use due to the high scoring that occurs there. 

So I'm curious what some of the long time Sim players think are some of the more challenging ballparks to use.  I had a hard time when I tried Griffith Park.  Currently I am using Wrigley Field in an OL and my team is playing great in away games, but horribly at home. I drafted a lot of decent HR power and SB speed and good OBP. 

Curious what some of you have for thoughts on the topic. 

12/26/2013 5:02 PM
I struggle in Dodger Stadium. I always think I have team for it but they fall flat constantly. After many seasons of unrealized expectations, I finally just gave up using  it.
5/9/2015 11:32 AM (edited)
I struggle in the popular pitching friendly parks likes Safeco and Petco. I'm ok in the slightly pitching friendly parks like Shea, but I thrive in the offensive parks like Wrigley, AFC, and Coors... Wrigley is singlehandedly my favorite ballpark to play in. 
12/27/2013 12:20 AM
I usually do better on the road than at home, which of course is contrary to how it should be.  I tell myself I'm done building teams to fit a ballpark, but then I go back and keep trying.  Maybe with the 2016 (?) update . . .
12/27/2013 2:20 AM
12/27/2013 1:22 PM
I can't seem to miss in the Kingdome, have no idea what to do in a "pitcher's park". 

But many here do, so that is not particularly relevant. Interesting to me is Fenway Park. I think it is not easy to construct a team that will not find Fenway backfire on it. 
12/27/2013 5:58 PM
Every time I try a pitchers park my pitchers give up lots of runs and my hitters can't score any. Evidently they only work for opposing pitchers.
12/27/2013 6:30 PM
Posted by italyprof on 12/27/2013 5:58:00 PM (view original):
I can't seem to miss in the Kingdome, have no idea what to do in a "pitcher's park". 

But many here do, so that is not particularly relevant. Interesting to me is Fenway Park. I think it is not easy to construct a team that will not find Fenway backfire on it. 
I suck in Fenway as well. I think I had a team hit like 400 doubles there and  have a losing record.
5/9/2015 11:33 AM (edited)
I live in Riverfront, Skydome and Dodger stadium. I can't seem to win anywhere else. 
12/27/2013 11:51 PM
Dodger Stadium gives me fits. My next team will be in the Kingdome and should easily be better than anything sillyprof could come with. Are we doing another 90mil or what?
12/28/2013 3:55 AM
Hilltop is is my favorite.  90% of my teams play there.
12/28/2013 10:41 AM
Welcome back, mixtroy.  We missed you in the Jimmy Carter prog.
12/28/2013 4:57 PM
Hi Crazy, good to be back. I was very sick for a couple of months and left a lot of good teams in the middle of the season. At the moment, I'm only running one team (instead of my usual 6-7) but would be more than happy to get back in that league as I said I would. Site mail me and let me know if it's possible.
12/29/2013 11:48 AM
We're late in 2003 now.  I'll let you know if any teams open up for 2004.  Glad you're feeling better.
12/29/2013 1:21 PM
Like:  Dodger, PNC, ATT
Difficult for me:  Polo, Fenway, Wrigley

Still, I"m confident I can build a competitive team in all parks but Coors.
12/29/2013 3:21 PM
12 Next ▸
Trickiest Ballparks To Win With Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.