Jubilee PL looking for owners for Reds & Senators Topic

The Jubille Revisited Progressive  League (JRPL) is looking to owners for a very unique and challenging league format.  You own the Franchise.  Every 7th season you start over with the players that appeared on your franchises MLB roster to start the season.  Then you draft, trade, pray and finesse your way towards a championship team.  In the process you measure your success, not only against the other teams in the league, but against how your MLB franchise did.

We have a great group of owners as you will see below and are hoping to get back up to 16 teams after a commissioner bail out.  Teams and rosters listed below.

THIS IS A FRANCHISE BASED PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE


Here's how it works.  We are entering year 1948.  In 1950 we revert to the actual rosters that each team had at the beginning of the 1950 season.   Then the next six seasons the progressive is much more traditional....Trades, drafts (snake style for two more years then traditional strait records), four divisions of 4 until 60's expansion, IR, no DH.

The differences and challenges come in with building quickly, making minor and major trades, manipulating your assets now for those later in the Jubilee Cycle, targeting a couple of years rather than trying to build a ten year competitive team.  You also may be able to own your favorite franchise's players for a majority of their careers.  Example:  I have the Pirates.  I will get Roberto Clemente in 1956, his second year, and because of the repeated cycles he is in I will have him until his untimely death. 

The cycles restart in 50, 56, 62, 68, etc.  The available franchises follow.  This link, https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=785&TopicID=488863&Thread=10801014#l_10901014 can get you to more complete league rules for further information.  Please contact me if you have any further questions as I have taken over the commissionership and am in it for the long haul.
Our current owners are:  hersheybear, coled, dreeves, thunderkat, poppapomp, mattedesa, fabulous, Italyprof, Husker75, pick1or2, mini157, and myself BullMoose.

Here are the teams and their submitted 1948 rosters prior to the former commish' late bail out put us in league limbo (we had a full league at the time but he let it wallow causing this restart)

Available teams:   GIVE IT A TRY...DO A SEASON....DON'T LIKE FORMAT LET ME KNOW DURING SEASON AND WE'LL SEARCH FOR ANOTHER OWNER

Cin Reds:     taken

C   Jake Early                                         pitchers
1b  Frank McCormick                            
2b  Johnny Beradino                             Clyde Shoun
ss   Eddie Miller                                     Dave Ferriss
of    Dom DiMaggio                                Monte  Kennedy
of    Barney McKoskey                           Ralph Hamner
of    Duke Snyder                                   Kirby Higby
                                                              

IR:  Pete Castiglione, Jim Konstanty, Bob Ramazzoli, Ray Mueller, Eddie Erautt            

Cut (option to keep)  Bucky Walters, Harry Taylor, Harry Heusser, Tommy Fine, Jake Jones


Washington Senators:
                                                      Pitchers:
C   Joe Garagiola                          Ewell Blackwell
C   Mike Guerra                             Dutch Leonard
1b  Ferris Fain                               Dave Koslo
1b  Steve Souchock                      Mickey Haefner
2b  Ralph Lapointe                        Early Wynn
3b  Jake Lohrke                             Hank Behrman
ss  John Sullivan
of   Stan Spence
of   Taffy Wright
of   Carden Gillenwater
                                              
IR  inf Johnny Ostrowski


Philadelphia Phillies                    TAKEN

keepers:
                                                  pitchers
C   Aaron Robinson                  Ken Raffensberg
C   Andy Seminick                    Bob Feller
     Tony Lupien                         Bob Lemon
2b Jackie Robinson                  Ray Scarborough
3b  Bob Dillinger                       Red Embree
ss  Eddie Joost                         Rex Barney
of   Ralph Kiner                         Tiny Bonham
of   Bobby Thomson
of   Carl Furillo
of   Allie Clark

IR:  0

Cut:  (option to reclaim) Don Johnson, Benny Zientara, Mickey Witek


New York Yankees                    TAKEN

keepers:
                                                Pitchers
C   Bob Scheffing                    Hank Borowy
2b  Snuffy Stirnweiss              Joe Page
ss  Phil Rizzuto                       Mel Parnell
3b  Eddie Yost                        Joe P Coleman
of  Johnny Lindell                    Gerry Staley
of  Sam Chapman                   Elmer Riddle
of  Willard Marshall                  Monk Dubiel
of  Pat Mullin                            Bill Wight
of  Jimmy Outlaw                     Earl Harrist

IR:  Clyde Vollmer, Cuddles Marshall

Cut:  (option to retain)  Glen Moulder, Mel Queen, Hal White


New York Giants:                         TAKEN

keepers:
                                                Pitchers:
2b   B. Sturgeon                      Warren Spahn
ss   B. Kerr                              J. Hatten
3b   E. Bockmann                    Bill Voisele
3b   B. Hass                             Johnny Vander Meer
of   Bob Kennedy                     A.  Hansen
of   J. Wyrostek                        Al Benton
of   Wally Westlake
of   Frank Baumholtz
of   D.  Whitman 

IR:  L. Klein


St. Louis Browns                         TAKEN  

keepers:
                                                    Pitchers
C    Bruce Edwards                     Bob Muncrief
1b  George McQuinn                   Sam Zoldak
2b  Jerry Priddy                           Ken Burkhart
2b  Claude Corbitt                       Danny Galehouse
3b  Floyd Baker                           Randy Gumpert
3b  Tommy Brown                       Emil Kush
ss   Mark Christman                    Ed Klieman
ss   Stan Rojek                            Larry Jansen
of   Joe DiMaggio                        Kent Peterson
of   Al Zarilla
of   Charlie Keller
of   Mike McCormick
of   Paul Lehner

IR:  Elbie Fletcher, Jimmy Bloodworth

Cut:  (you can keep) Dick Culler
10/25/2015 10:31 PM (edited)

Current owners list teams and 1948 draft position  (in progress)

TEAM                               OWNER              48 DRAFT POSITION

Boston Braves                 Hersheybear                 13
Brooklyn Dodgers            poppapomp                  11
Chicago Cubs                  thunderkat                      4
Cincinnati Reds                --------------                      5
New York Giants              dbrom                            7
Philadelphia Phillies         pick1or2                         6
Pittsburgh Pirates            BullMoose                       9
St. Louis Cardinals           coled                             12

Boston Red Sox               Dreeves                         15
Chicago White Sox          Italyprof                            1
Cleveland Indians            Fabulous                        16
Detroit Tigers                   Mattedesa                        8 
New York Yankees          husker75                        14
Philadelphia Athletics      popapomp                      10
St Louis Browns              mini157                             3
Washington Senators      --------------                        2

Reds have bright future, Washington a solid core so smart drafting in next cycle could make you a powerhouse.

10/15/2015 11:02 PM (edited)
I will give the Phillies a try where am I drafting if I take them?
10/9/2015 11:46 AM
u ar in with the Phills.   I'll sitemail your draft position.
10/9/2015 12:01 PM
I am interested in the Senators and the Browns but I have a question. When 1950 gets here do we retain the players we have or do they revert back to their appropriate teams?( (i.e.) Blackwell to the Reds or J. DiMaggio to the Yankees?)
10/9/2015 2:43 PM
Posted by Husker75 on 10/9/2015 2:43:00 PM (view original):
I am interested in the Senators and the Browns but I have a question. When 1950 gets here do we retain the players we have or do they revert back to their appropriate teams?( (i.e.) Blackwell to the Reds or J. DiMaggio to the Yankees?)
yep....Joe D a yankee.  etc.
10/9/2015 3:50 PM
I see they lose a lot in '50 but I'll take the Saint Louis Browns.
10/9/2015 5:23 PM
great addition to the league!  Welcome!
10/9/2015 10:45 PM
I'll take the Giants.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
10/10/2015 8:36 AM
Hey, dbrom, glad to have you on board. Welcome!-- Hbear
10/10/2015 11:14 AM
Posted by dbrom on 10/10/2015 8:36:00 AM (view original):
I'll take the Giants.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
y gottem......glad to have another very high quality owner.  I will get WIS to add you to the private forum.
10/10/2015 4:06 PM
It doesn't look like they have been spoken for so can you switch me to the New York Yankees, I'd appreciate it.
10/11/2015 12:18 PM
I was with this league when italyprof started it. I left behind a competitive Browns team in the middle of the draft because of the Professor's sudden disappearance and because of an increasingly busy schedule at the time. If you would take me back, I would love to take over the Browns again now that my schedule isn't nearly as hectic.
10/15/2015 8:20 PM
We would love to have you back with browns....you are in.
10/15/2015 10:34 PM
i'm in SM sent
10/25/2015 8:57 AM
12 Next ▸
Jubilee PL looking for owners for Reds & Senators Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.