07-08 Player Release ** Updated 5/19 ** Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By kobemvp24 on 5/20/2008
Quote: Originally Posted By glove_20 on 5/20/2008

Quote: Originally posted by kobemvp24 on 5/20/2008
glove you really don't think about anything you say. your logic and thinking is so flawed it is laughable. im not just talking about the D ratings thing. i just mean in general.

Less complex minds won't understand a higher level of thinking. Thats whats the problem with you.
so to be enlightend i need to think GP is better than everyone in the history of defense. you say kobe isn't on jordan's level defensively? he is damn close.
5/20/2008 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By sappy on 5/20/2008
Quote: Originally Posted By kobemvp24 on 5/20/2008

Quote: Originally Posted By glove_20 on 5/20/2008

Quote: Originally posted by kobemvp24 on 5/20/2008
glove you really don't think about anything you say. your logic and thinking is so flawed it is laughable. im not just talking about the D ratings thing. i just mean in general.

Less complex minds won't understand a higher level of thinking. Thats whats the problem with you.
so to be enlightend i need to think GP is better than everyone in the history of defense. you say kobe isn't on jordan's level defensively? he is damn close.
kobe is geting better but lets not get out of control. his D is not MJ like yet
5/20/2008 6:48 PM
I dont know if I'm just behind. Kiki is a 1 on defense now tell me if I'm wrong but judging by everybody else does that mean he just goes to the bench after shooting? Sorry for this posts but after seeing all the posts about defense ( which I agree with, then seeing Kiki who I have never had on a team at a 1 he can not even be on the floor) can he sorry again I have cbeen drinking! LOL.
5/20/2008 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By qistat on 5/20/2008
The breakdown of defensive ratings posted above aproximates a uniform distribution (one that is slightly skewed).

stat chimps at work

I agree with Q's strategy for a fix

but

also

why is everyone freaking out about the D rating (merited as it is)

but

ignoring the fact that Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem are listed as mid-range players (as well as other atrocities like early Barkley seasons set at perimeter)

does no one realize how this BS skews how you use defensive settings? we need paint players to play in the paint
5/20/2008 7:56 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
5/20/2008 10:33 PM
monkee, the offensive designation is just as egregious as the defensive ratings. Any time human subjective thinking needs to be applied the whole model falls down. Harry Gallatin, I just found out is a perimeter player in the SIM.
5/21/2008 8:56 AM
ok people i never said kobe was a better defender than jordan. im well aware jordan was a better defensive player. im just saying kobe is pretty close to jordan defensively.
5/21/2008 9:27 AM
Please see the note here.
5/21/2008 11:39 AM
bump
4/3/2009 6:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11
07-08 Player Release ** Updated 5/19 ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.