New Obama Power grab. Topic

Has anyone ever said "I'm strongly against family values.  Family values are ruining America!!"?    In fact, if someone did, I imagine their next words would be "Who brought the puppies to torture and mutilate?  Can't have a rally without hurting some puppies!!!!"
3/28/2011 1:00 PM
What about Manson Family Values?  I'm sure most everyone in America would be against those.
I would probably be against Walton Family Values too, those people were annoying.
3/28/2011 1:07 PM
Now you're labeling "family values" so that makes them someone else's FV.   I doubt Charles Manson could get elected.  I wouldn't bet against John-boy.
3/28/2011 1:51 PM
John-Boy's a shoo-in.  Folksy enough to win over a sizable chunk of the population for sure.
3/28/2011 2:38 PM
Worked for Bloody Abe Lincoln.
3/28/2011 3:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/28/2011 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Has anyone ever said "I'm strongly against family values.  Family values are ruining America!!"?    In fact, if someone did, I imagine their next words would be "Who brought the puppies to torture and mutilate?  Can't have a rally without hurting some puppies!!!!"
How about is someone said...

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them,... And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
3/28/2011 6:36 PM
How about if someone said...

"The blue ampersand gwambles with aspic, while your dumb *** worships chthonian antebellum forgeries"

Hmm, no, that doesn't mean the same thing as "I'm strongly against family values" either.

Anyone else have any random sentences that don't mean "I'm strongly against family values"?

3/28/2011 7:47 PM
Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
3/28/2011 9:05 PM
Posted by antonsirius on 3/28/2011 7:47:00 PM (view original):
How about if someone said...

"The blue ampersand gwambles with aspic, while your dumb *** worships chthonian antebellum forgeries"

Hmm, no, that doesn't mean the same thing as "I'm strongly against family values" either.

Anyone else have any random sentences that don't mean "I'm strongly against family values"?

1 In this case they use the word family as a catch phrase to imply traditional values.

2 The speaker in my quote clearly is strongly against traditional values.

So in realty the qoute I posted means the same thing!
3/29/2011 6:32 AM
Hold on a second.   How is the quote you posted "strongly against traditional values"?

3/29/2011 8:31 AM
The point of the quote is people are hurting and they turn to some bad things in their pain.

He lists all these things, clearly things he finds negatives, and includes God.
3/29/2011 2:37 PM
I don't see it. 
3/29/2011 3:02 PM
No, he didn't say anything of the sort. Obama did not say that God was a negative thing, or even that belief in God was a negative thing.

This is the point in the thread where I'd usually call you a liar, swamp, because your interpretation of the quote in question has drifted so far out into space that it can't possibly be offered in good faith. You are deliberately twisting things to try and score a political point - or, alternately, are just regurgitating someone else's twisted spin. Either way a lie has come off your keyboard.
3/29/2011 3:08 PM
Well, to be fair, Obama sounded like Miss Teen SC talking about maps for the The Iraq but I don't think he was trashing family values.   He was stereotyping a subset of people which he probably shouldn't do consider anyone who stereotyped him would be called RACIST!!!!!
3/29/2011 3:21 PM
OK lets discuss this.

Obama uses the word bitter. He then lists several things.

1 Religion
2 Guns
3 Antipathy towards people who arnt like them
4 anti-immigration sentiment
4 Anti-trade setiment

Do you really think this isnt a list of Negatives?

Explain what you think his point was then?
3/29/2011 6:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
New Obama Power grab. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.