New Player Release Topic

Hey Seble, I'm looking forward to testing the new release. All the changes looks awesome so far. I've been testing the old engine using a variety of tactics: different lineups/offensive and defensive sets/defensive positioning, as well as waiving and adding players for all my teams in order to test out player effectiveness. I saw the new release notes and wonder if you can blog here any (if any) SIGNIFICANT changes to the folowing gameplay elements that was not annotated in the notes:1. individual or collective usage penalties, 2. fatigue in regular season or playoffs, 3. the effectiveness of assist%, 4. the effectiveness of rebounding% 5. the effectiveness of block%. 6. the effectiveness of steal%. 7. or any other significant changes to players effectiveness that was not noted. Hopefully that will assist owners in draft the correct players during the start of this release. Additionally, can you add some random players to the waiver wire for the previous release. I didn't see any players in it when I checked. Thanks.
9/3/2008 9:22 PM
There were no changes to those items. This release was focused on new defensive ratings and the new offensive range system. There ended up being a few other changes as well, but nothing significant to the SimEngine other than distribution of assists (not the impact on FG%) and reduction of offensive fouls (which should lower fouls some across the board).

I will check on the waiver wire tomorrow as I know that was an issue last time as well.
9/3/2008 10:05 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/3/2008 10:30 PM
They would've changed due to the addition of some actual team stats to replace estimates.
9/4/2008 12:37 AM
lol
9/4/2008 2:13 AM
Seble, in the coach's office when I click on a player, I'm still seeing the Offensive Range category instead of percentages. The league is still being formed and has not started yet (NBA28574). I just submitted a ticket.
9/4/2008 12:00 PM
Holy crap have salaries gone down.
9/10/2008 4:26 PM
◂ Prev 12
New Player Release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.