NEW - TIME TRAVEL PROGRESSIVE - NEED 10 Topic

I had the first pick in my '51 draft in another prog and, in spite of the fact that Mantle was my boyhood idol, I drafted Mays.  He has dominated the league.  But you're right . . . I may decide to take Jerry Don Gleaton instead . . .
1/11/2011 11:24 PM
Well Doc, that's exactly why I don't wanna see you paint yourself into a corner, you just never know, lol!


1/11/2011 11:44 PM
What, Jerry Don Gleaton is in this draft?  I need to trade up.  Any offer will be accepted
1/12/2011 12:41 PM
I think I might need more than two AAA players.  I only started with 15 players.  Two of them are sub-.200 hitters and I cut them.  I only had one C and with
only 8 C available in the draft (plus any 01 cuts), I can foresee needing a AAA C.  I will need about 200 more PA at C, so, I, not surprisingly, would prefer average AAA (knowing that there is no chance I could get AA or WAA).
1/12/2011 1:13 PM
Nice try, crustydoc, but The Mick is MINE!  MINE!  MINE!
1/12/2011 1:16 PM
Good point hacker. I'm open to suggestions on AAA.


1/12/2011 1:56 PM
Five down, 11 to go. Spread the word guys!  If you know anyone who might like this idea, send 'em this way.



1/12/2011 8:00 PM
Hacker, you have a .293 hitting catcher with almost 400 PA's.  Obviously any shotcoming could be addressed in the draft.  I joined the league with the rules being only 2 AAA (I assumed as trade filler).  Sorry, but I can't stand using AAA.  Nothing against you personally, I just wanted to voice my opinion if we're thinking of changing the rules more
1/13/2011 1:29 PM
Thank you for reminding me that I have always objected to changing the rules in midstream.  My suggestion is withdrawn.
1/13/2011 4:38 PM
I'm open to expanding the number of AAA if it seems needed, though I would rather not.

I'm definitely keeping them at below average either way though.




1/14/2011 12:09 PM
Well, got our first four on here really quickly (including me, we've got five now), but nothing since. Please spread the word if you can guys, maybe you know some owners in other leagues that would be interested? Send them over!
1/14/2011 12:10 PM
Bump - let's see if we can get some owners this weekend.
1/15/2011 2:41 PM
So do you get to keep the 1951 and 1981 rookies that you draft for their 1952 or 1982 seasons and 1953 1983 seasons etc.? Can you only keep 13 each year? I like the idea and I think this would be a great way to come back to the site for me if you could just clarify on those two questions.
1/18/2011 2:26 PM
Absolutely you keep who ever you want. Once you draft someone you can keep them for their whole career.

And no, there's no minimum or maximum on keepers in future drafts.

We'd love to have you on board macattack!

1/18/2011 3:55 PM
i'll take the philadelphia athletics and nap lajoie, if you'll have me. sounds like a great idea. One more question, only rookies from 1951 and 1981 are available correct? and for the years after that. if a players rookie year was 1949 but he had a season he is not available for our draft right?
1/18/2011 5:12 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NEW - TIME TRAVEL PROGRESSIVE - NEED 10 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.