why not 24 teams? esp. if it fills quick.
3/8/2019 10:19 PM
Consider me in.
3/9/2019 1:38 AM
You know I love random free agents. Count me in.
3/9/2019 5:17 AM
I'll play
3/9/2019 10:31 AM
Posted by patco_1981 on 3/8/2019 10:19:00 PM (view original):
why not 24 teams? esp. if it fills quick.
Depends on what you consider quick?

I won't rule out 24 teams but I'm going to say the extra 8 spots will have to be filled within a week to ten days after we get the first 16 filled or I won't do it.

Let me know if you'll join for a 24 team league but not for a 16.

If we would get to 24 then I may add a 3rd season for the subsequent drafts and figure a new way for assigning them.
3/9/2019 12:25 PM (edited)
Situation : - I have Koufax - we have played about 6 years - Koufax's rookie year comes up as our draft year - no one else can draft Koufax because he is already on my roster - ...............can I draft Koufax and then cut the one that is on my roster?
Since we draft first and then cut, there is no way for me to cut Koufax before we draft for his rookie year.
3/9/2019 12:52 PM
Sounds good. I'm in.
3/9/2019 2:11 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 3/9/2019 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Situation : - I have Koufax - we have played about 6 years - Koufax's rookie year comes up as our draft year - no one else can draft Koufax because he is already on my roster - ...............can I draft Koufax and then cut the one that is on my roster?
Since we draft first and then cut, there is no way for me to cut Koufax before we draft for his rookie year.
No, in that situation he cannot be in the league when his rookie season is drawn. So in all reality they must sit out a season before being drafted again.
3/9/2019 2:24 PM
Okay, I will take a team.
3/9/2019 2:30 PM
I’ll take a team if still available.
3/10/2019 5:08 PM
Yes, that fills us to 16.

We'll delay the start of this for 1 week to see if we can get to 24 teams. If we have 24 or are close by next Sunday we'll go to a normal 24 Team Format.
3/10/2019 8:17 PM
We could always try for 20 too.
3/10/2019 9:58 PM
Also, could we do a rookie draft before we start season 1? It might help the 40's teams get full rosters.
3/11/2019 11:35 AM
I won't go to 20. If we don't get to 24 then we'll stay at 16. I'm not in favor of having 5 teams in a division with no wild card.
3/11/2019 5:24 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 3/11/2019 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Also, could we do a rookie draft before we start season 1? It might help the 40's teams get full rosters.
If you go on bb reference you will see that every team has enough players to build 25 man rosters, just from the guys who did a cup of coffee with the club.
3/11/2019 6:22 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.