NEW/REVISED Time Flies Progressive (11 Commits) Topic

There are enough....if we have 16 teams for now. Again it will go back to draft strategy and if short the remedy is add/drop of scrubs....and as stated there are AAA. The idea is not to have everyone loaded every year.
4/7/2020 9:50 PM
If 16 teams then I’m in.
4/10/2020 11:31 AM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 4/6/2020 11:23:00 PM (view original):
Creeper, I dont believe it’s possible for each team to keep 18, just with players that retire or don’t have seasons in 4 seasons ahead, I think it’s impossible.
As far as season 2 (1943) is concerned, I agree. Many of the best players are off to fight in WWII and are not available in 1943. You will draft DiMaggio or Feller or Ted Williams, only to lose them after one season. Then someone else will draft them in 1947. For that reason alone, I am not interested. But if you started with 1937, then you could skip the war and teams would remain intact.
4/10/2020 5:23 PM
Sorry, but I’m going to drop.
4/11/2020 12:48 AM
Good Point Fire. I will consider that. My larger concern is what years down the road it changes. Not for number of players but reduction of cookie years.

I actually think having Feller and Ted Williams only for a season plays right into the rules....you go for it, or build for longer term. If you only are getting 1 year of Joltin Joe...then maybe he isnt worth a lottery pick. You will have to work harder...hahah.
4/11/2020 6:21 PM
Sorry to hear PP, let me know if you change your mind.
4/11/2020 6:21 PM
All, some good points made above and this league, the owners will have a say. So if it helps get the league started, we can limit the teams to 16 and possibly even 12 if it gets us off the ground, we then have the following options:
  • Owners can vote on when the league will expand. If we start with 12, we may want 3-4 seasons before inviting others.
  • That also opens up a really fun way to do an expansion draft where existing owners can only protect X players so expansion owners may poach a player or two...
  • Could also consider starting in 1923 that way Season 25 is 2019.

Let me know if these recent changes generate any more interest.....we only need a couple more owners and we can get rolling with finalizing the rules/owners so you know what you are signing up for...
4/20/2020 9:56 PM
I still think this league is a go when folks are ready. Given no new interest in the past couple of days, I am joining Contrarians new league for now so I will check back around May 15th.
4/26/2020 10:08 PM
I'll play
4/26/2020 11:17 PM
Sorry, Im backing out, good luck
4/27/2020 11:57 AM
no worries D-D. You have enough to sort out in those other leagues. You are always welcome though.
5/1/2020 12:00 PM
◂ Prev 12
NEW/REVISED Time Flies Progressive (11 Commits) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.