New Progressive - OFTP Waitlisting Topic

Posted by fatguyrd on 12/21/2020 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Questions 1.What if we draft a 2019-20 Rookie? Or recently acquired player? Our league could get to the next season before theirs?

2. Based on DH comment, no inter league play?
1. They would have to be a CUT. You can't play 'em if they ain't got a season.
2. I am open to either format. I would think the NL teams would have enough Hitters that could fill in at DH. Maybe a vote after we're full.
12/21/2020 10:27 PM
I'll take an AL team
12/21/2020 10:29 PM
I'll take an NL team.
12/22/2020 4:23 AM
Suggestion: On random free agency, if possible maybe teams could freeze 3-5 players that would not be subject to the randomness?
12/22/2020 7:23 AM
i will take last NL team
12/22/2020 12:02 PM
Posted by fatguyrd on 12/22/2020 7:23:00 AM (view original):
Suggestion: On random free agency, if possible maybe teams could freeze 3-5 players that would not be subject to the randomness?
Chances of losing more than 1 stud player out of 3 chosen players won't be a high probability. The whole concept of having Free Agency in the first place is to share the wealth.
12/22/2020 1:14 PM
Need 2
12/22/2020 1:14 PM
I understand the share the wealth concept. However unlikely it is there is still the possibility of losing 3 good players and destroying your team.
12/22/2020 1:28 PM
Posted by fatguyrd on 12/22/2020 1:28:00 PM (view original):
I understand the share the wealth concept. However unlikely it is there is still the possibility of losing 3 good players and destroying your team.
I will give it some thought. Depending on what others think, I'm willing to compromise.
12/22/2020 2:22 PM
Understand I am totally happy to be in the league. I’m just trying to find a way to avoid getting totally killed in Free Agency.

Could do something like—— Lose first, save one, lose second, save two more, lose third?
12/22/2020 2:28 PM
Posted by fatguyrd on 12/22/2020 1:28:00 PM (view original):
I understand the share the wealth concept. However unlikely it is there is still the possibility of losing 3 good players and destroying your team.
i am concerned as well.Some guys if they lose 2 studs might bail.Are u considering allowing teams with free agents lost to have a high 1st rounf pick as compensation?
12/22/2020 6:51 PM
How about having the option to use your 1st round pick to keep 1 of your Free Agents? That way you will have to weigh the value of the potential draft pick against that 1 Free Agent. Remember you still always have the option to draft Free Agents back onto your team as well.
12/22/2020 7:30 PM
Appears to be a decent compromise.


Now we need 2 more AL managers.
12/22/2020 10:09 PM
Ok, I'll do it
12/23/2020 12:42 AM
Still need 2, had 1 drop
12/23/2020 10:22 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
New Progressive - OFTP Waitlisting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.