Posted by dilligafdbp on 1/19/2021 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Iffn I'm reading this correctly, I believe there is a loophole/issue...
"You do not have to make your Hot Dog players until after the draft."
Let's stay w/ Mantle...It's 1963 and I submit him as 1 of my 8 keepers...You count $3M against my salary total, which nets me draft position #4 (as an example)...However, after the draft I declare Mantle my 'hot dog' and use his $18M version...Had that been done when I submitted my '8', my draft pos might have been #16, instead of #4...
Doesn't seem right...
Or did I just misread the whole thing???
DBP
I can see where you’re coming from, but if you had to name it before the draft that would limit your choices for who you designate as Hot Dog players.
With only 8 keepers per team there will be many players drafted early in the draft that aren’t rookies and have previous seasons available to be Hot Dog seasons. I would like owners to have the option of choosing who the Hot Dog players are from their entire roster.
I am looking at the salaries of your 8 keepers as a way to get a draft order without basing it on previous seasons record. You will have tough choices when deciding on your 8 keepers.
Each team has the opportunity to boost 2 players. How you do it is up to you. There is no salary cap in this league.
Anything Else let me know.