New Joe Riggins Progressive League needs 1 Topic

I like the idea of making it the reverse order of the team draft.  Seems to even out the playing field.  Setting the draft order at 120 games always seems to work better in progressives to stop tanking in the last couple of series, which could affect playoffs for some teams.
3/17/2011 12:49 PM
I would agree with mafie to go in reverse order of the team draft after doing some reaserch there is probably 3-5 teams that could defenitly use a early pick after the team draft
3/17/2011 2:18 PM
works for me.
3/17/2011 6:25 PM
only need 1 more
3/18/2011 9:05 PM
bump for the last spot
3/20/2011 10:28 AM
I'll be dramatic and fill the final spot.

And remember fellow Beer Leaguers that Hornsby was picked first when the Beer League had is 1920 draft, much to Chazzzz's surprise and glee.

Some thought the pick a mistake of Ruthian proportions, but looking back, maybe not.
3/21/2011 12:32 AM
Well we could not ask for a better number 16. Welcome Beernoser. I will set up the Team draft tommorow night. I am on the road right now and since we will have a delay in the player draft I am not going to rush things too much.
3/21/2011 11:45 PM
I will be in Manhattan Thursday and Friday with limited internet. Then I'll be in Rhode Island till Monday with good access.

There's a real potential for trouble with players who played on more than one team in 1920. If you load a team into the database, you'll get guys on your team who pl;ayed partial seasons even if they are the shorter at bat or innings pitched. Is there a better way to check other than looking at every player individually?
3/22/2011 2:27 AM (edited)
Here is what I have for the split season players and the team they had the most AB or IP.

Bailey, Gene OF Boston Red Sox
Bancroft, Dave SS New York Giants
Burns, George OF Philadelphia Athletics
Fletcher, Art SS Philadelphia Phillies
Gallia, Bert P Philadelphia Phillies
Hubbell, Bill P Philadelphia Phillies
McCabe, Bill SS Brooklyn Robins
Myers, Elmer P Boston Red Sox
Rawlings, Johnny 2B Philadelphia Phillies
Sallee, Slim P Cincinnati Reds
Shannon, Red SS Washington Senators
Sicking, Ed 2B New York Giants
Strunk, Amos OF Philadelphia Athletics
Thomas, Fred 3B Philadelphia Athletics
Watson, Mule P Boston Braves
3/22/2011 9:35 AM
Thanks -- big help.
3/22/2011 11:28 AM
Looks like there are two different George Burns.
3/23/2011 2:08 AM
◂ Prev 123
New Joe Riggins Progressive League needs 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.