1969 Original Franchise Progressive Lg(Yr 1-FULL!) Topic

Sounds good....they're yours.  Glad to have you!

5/13/2011 4:25 PM
neabaseball; beirnej1; bringinsxybc; ChicagoAaron; 33heat; Rattlers; rector; jeff4noles; daveymac; N4ser; ddfdfd; walteralston
5/13/2011 4:28 PM
I Hate 'em but I'll take the Red Sox
5/14/2011 3:27 PM
Id like the cubs!
5/14/2011 4:21 PM
Nea, just a few Questions.
Is there gonna be a wins minimum for the future draft orders?( I personally would rather have a last place team pick first.We can moniter teams for "tanking")
Or a limit to how many 1st rd picks you can have? (I don't think it should matter how many picks they can acquire)
A limit on how many years ahead you can trade draft picks?(1 year ahead should be good enough)
5/14/2011 5:30 PM
Been looking at players for a few hours.  Guess that means I should join.  I will take the Cleveland Indians franchise.

5/14/2011 8:44 PM
Sweet, 3 new signups.....glad to have you guys.

To answer your questions....i'm thinking about it. Some of those ?'s were raised earlier. Not a fan of win floors and lotteries. If I can find an alternative method we may use that but most likely we will use record with no lottery/win floor.
5/14/2011 9:27 PM
I don't like win floors or lotteries either
5/15/2011 12:20 AM
All we need is for someone to take the White Sox.....
5/15/2011 10:33 AM
I have posted future draft rules on the theme description/rules post on page 1..... 
5/16/2011 10:32 AM
nea, since there will not be a DH , is there any rules on positions? I just wanna know if i can draft a DH type player and will be able to use him in the OF or 1B once he loses eligability?
5/16/2011 6:23 PM
No rule on positions. Play 'em where you want 'em....

Also, a few other issues raised recently, a suggestion of a couple aaa players to aid in unbalanced trades and/or draft pick trades. They would not be eligible to play. I see absolutely no reason not to do this. Secondly, on the win floor, we may want to take a look at it to force teams to be at least somewhat respectable. It wouldnt help someone intentionally tweeking their lineup to lose but at least it would force them to not totally sell out now for the future. Lastly, a question was raised about whether to allow trading during the inaugural draft and the risk of someone totally selling out the future to win now and then quit. Anyway.......three things to consider.
5/16/2011 7:44 PM
Are we gonna draft  ML players to be used as AAA players?
5/16/2011 8:15 PM

I think he meant that the 2 below average AAA pitchers will be used to balance out trades during the season only.  The sim will not allow a trade without each team submitting a player.  If a Team A wanted to trade Pete Rose for Team B's first round draft pick, but Team B did not want to trade any of their roster players they would simply trade the below average AAA player as a placeholder + the first round pick.  Team B (getting Rose) would then send one of his roster players to the minors, but would be able to retain his rights for any future seasons.  Pretty standard in progressive leagues.  FYI this was my suggestion.

5/16/2011 8:35 PM (edited)
Do we need an invite to enter the league?
5/16/2011 9:32 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
1969 Original Franchise Progressive Lg(Yr 1-FULL!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.