NEW 1963 J4M formula Progressive - FULL Topic

I'd very much like to be a part of the league. 1963 was the year I graduated from HS and my last year of Legion Baseball. I'd only be interested though if the league had a very high Salary Cap ( at least $140 mil). I know it probably won't ever get that high but putting a low salary cap number on a league give the illusion of way to many restrictions. 1963 is a good year and I don't believe I've ever seen a league start in '63. If we do get a high cap please count me in.

Charlie
4/15/2020 3:50 PM
If we use the just4me draft formula, there is no need for a salary cap at all.
4/15/2020 4:00 PM
Correct. The formula is a parity/anti-tanking solution all in one
4/15/2020 4:09 PM
Posted by Husker75 on 4/15/2020 3:50:00 PM (view original):
I'd very much like to be a part of the league. 1963 was the year I graduated from HS and my last year of Legion Baseball. I'd only be interested though if the league had a very high Salary Cap ( at least $140 mil). I know it probably won't ever get that high but putting a low salary cap number on a league give the illusion of way to many restrictions. 1963 is a good year and I don't believe I've ever seen a league start in '63. If we do get a high cap please count me in.

Charlie
The 60’s are my favorite era of baseball. I wasn’t born till the 80’s so I didn’t get to watch any of the greats from back then, but I’ve always wanted to start a league in 63.
4/15/2020 4:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by kallison1 on 4/15/2020 5:08:00 PM (view original):
I'll take your 12th Spot... Have you Counted the Number of Players avaible to be Drafted yet?
I doubt there are enough players for 20 Teams...


Awesome to see you again Kallison!

There are currently enough players for each team to draft 26.35 players if my math is correct. So it’ll definitely be slim pickings at the end - but should be enough. I didn’t really think about it as RL baseball had 20 teams in 1963 so I assumed there would be enough players to go around.
4/15/2020 6:20 PM
I'll take a spot - thanks
4/16/2020 12:22 AM
I'd be interested if you go with 16 Teams until you get to 1969 when MLB expanded, then go with 20. If you stay with 20 at 1963 then I'm not.
4/16/2020 5:26 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 4/16/2020 5:26:00 PM (view original):
I'd be interested if you go with 16 Teams until you get to 1969 when MLB expanded, then go with 20. If you stay with 20 at 1963 then I'm not.
What're everyone else's thoughts to this? Maybe I'll send out a sitemail to those interested and see what everyone things. I'd be ok with 16, wanna do what everyone else wants though.
4/16/2020 6:01 PM
I'm good with 16. We're prolly all looking at playing tired dudes otherwise.
4/16/2020 7:51 PM
I’ll play
4/17/2020 9:17 AM
Excellent. Welcome strubrosll!
4/17/2020 9:26 AM
I ll throw my Hat in, if you need another owner . sounds pretty straight forward regular progressive.
4/17/2020 12:21 PM
Posted by tycobb33 on 4/17/2020 12:21:00 PM (view original):
I ll throw my Hat in, if you need another owner . sounds pretty straight forward regular progressive.
Correct - the only thing that really separates it is the draft formula. Welcome in!
4/17/2020 12:30 PM
Here is what I have, without the benifit of guys you said sent sitemail.
1.chargingryno
2.beachbum3494
3.rls1
4.contarian23
5.Disco Dogs
6.tradrr
7.cdpoet
8.N4ser
9.Husker75
10.kallison1
11.Just4me
12.fire13
13.bheid408
14.strubrosII
15.tycobb33
16.

is anyone missing from this list or is anyone on the list not wanting in?
4/18/2020 12:06 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NEW 1963 J4M formula Progressive - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.