NEW ! The Core-4 Progressive 1934 - FULL Topic

We’re in
5/26/2021 9:34 PM
Welcome vilefileman (interesting name, an updated "Bartelby the Scrivener" perhaps?),

We are up to 12. Almost there.
5/27/2021 11:00 AM
We need four more to start play.

Once we are at 16, here is our schedule:

1. I will ask a HOF owner on this site who is not in this league to generate a random list of our names to determine the order in which we will choose our teams/franchises.

2. I will start a thread in the Theme Leagues Forum for our league and post the list of available players for our inaugural draft for 1934.

3. All owners will announce, on that same thread, their chosen Core 4 players for 1934.

4. I will take all Core 4 players - 64 in all, out of the draft pool.

5. The draft will begin with each owner/team making two picks each round, starting with the Cincinnati Reds, and following the list posted above based on reverse Real Life W-L records, which we will use to determine our draft orders each season.

6. We will draft the remaining 21 players for our teams, and then play the 1934 season.

7. At seasons' end, I will post the list of available players for 1935. Then each owner will announce their Core 4 players from the RL rosters for 1935, and I will again take those players out. All owners will then publish their Keepers lists - Maximum 10 players - for 1935. I will take those players out of the draft pool as well. We will then have our typically 6-round draft, each team choosing 2 players each round until they reach 21 in addition to the Core 4 players.

8. Each team will also have available 6-6 below average AAA to ensure enough PA and IP each season.

Rinse and repeat.

Join up ! We just need four more owners !
5/30/2021 10:20 AM
We need four more to start play.

Once we are at 16, here is our schedule:

1. I will ask a HOF owner on this site who is not in this league to generate a random list of our names to determine the order in which we will choose our teams/franchises.

2. I will start a thread in the Theme Leagues Forum for our league and post the list of available players for our inaugural draft for 1934.

3. All owners will announce, on that same thread, their chosen Core 4 players for 1934.

4. I will take all Core 4 players - 64 in all, out of the draft pool.

5. The draft will begin with each owner/team making two picks each round, starting with the Cincinnati Reds, and following the list posted above based on reverse Real Life W-L records, which we will use to determine our draft orders each season.

6. We will draft the remaining 21 players for our teams, and then play the 1934 season.

7. At seasons' end, I will post the list of available players for 1935. Then each owner will announce their Core 4 players from the RL rosters for 1935, and I will again take those players out. All owners will then publish their Keepers lists - Maximum 10 players - for 1935. I will take those players out of the draft pool as well. We will then have our typically 6-round draft, each team choosing 2 players each round until they reach 21 in addition to the Core 4 players.

8. Each team will also have available 6-6 below average AAA to ensure enough PA and IP each season.

Rinse and repeat.

Join up ! We just need four more owners !
5/30/2021 10:20 AM
Posted by brian1648 on 5/21/2021 8:29:00 AM (view original):
i would like to play , how do we pick our team ?
Sorry brian1648, I missed this question.

Once we have 16 owners, I will ask a non-league member HOF owner to generate a random list from random.org to determine the order in which we will pick our teams.

Once that is done, we will have a one-round draft of our teams in the Theme League Forum in a thread I will set up for that and our inaugural draft.

Once everyone has their teams, owners will pick their Core 4 for the first season and list them in the thread. I will take those names out of the draft pool. Then we will have our draft.
5/31/2021 7:53 AM
I'm in
6/2/2021 10:43 AM
Welcome N4ser.

We are up to 13.
6/2/2021 5:16 PM
I will play
6/3/2021 11:51 AM
Welcome sigblend.

We are up to 14 ! Just two to go !
6/3/2021 6:44 PM
Bump for two more owners.
6/4/2021 10:24 AM
C'mon folks. Just two more owners !
6/6/2021 12:28 PM
Just one more, sign me up
6/6/2021 8:45 PM
Bump for one more.
6/7/2021 11:07 AM
I'll take last spot
6/7/2021 11:33 AM
Welcome lastinspace2 and danidon !

We are full !

I will sitemail everyone in a couple of hours on how we will proceed. It's late dinner time here in Italy, so right after that I will get a message out that we are ready to get started.
6/7/2021 3:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NEW ! The Core-4 Progressive 1934 - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.