New Progressive - The Decade Comparison (Need 1) Topic

thanks dcsquires and dougsdawgs
2/13/2012 1:41 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 2/10/2012 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Haven't checked in on this for a while..... I don't like adding AAA to the mix. With only 7 teams using the same season I really don't see the need to have a place to stash players. If you have a player with a down season then put him on the bench or Cut him and draft a replacement. There will be plenty of players to fill the spot.  You should have to pay the cost of drafting players with a bad season. If you have a 10 man pitching staff, which should/could be enough in this type of league that leaves 15 position player spots. Even 11 pitchers leaves 14. With 8 in the field you'll have 6 or 7 bench players. That should be enough to fill any holes created by a bad season here or there.
lets compromise and say 2 AAA spots
2/13/2012 1:43 PM
i'll take a 70's team

2/13/2012 4:07 PM
welcome gerlin88
2/13/2012 8:02 PM
your leagues are always so well run-----70s for me
2/15/2012 6:45 AM
thanks daballcoach
2/15/2012 7:27 AM
I will go back in time and finish out the 70's.
2/15/2012 2:32 PM
How is the draft order determined after the first year? What are you implementing to prevent tanking?
2/15/2012 3:57 PM
draft order is inverse of standings, dont think tanking is really that big of an issue when there are only 7 teams drafting from each season.  If its clear someone is tanking, we'll deal with it...but i'm not a fan of minimum wins or anything like that.  I know most of the owners who have signed up so far and i'm not worried about them.

and thanks for joining grayfoxx
2/15/2012 4:10 PM
1970's draft board is up and can begin drafting now off the clock until the other 3 divisions fill up.
2/15/2012 4:43 PM
I'll take a team in the 2000's, please
2/15/2012 4:55 PM
gotcha firesalt, thanks for joining
2/15/2012 4:55 PM
I will take the last spot in the 2000's if you'll have me
2/16/2012 12:06 AM
thanks beirnej1, welcome to the league...2000 draft will be set up to begin today
2/16/2012 7:14 AM

This looks fun, however I won't be around to pick Fri and Sat. If the other guys in the 90's are willing to wait until Sunday to go on the clock, I'd like to jump on the last 90's spot. However, if everyone is anxious to get started, I completely understand. I don't think I'd want to have to proxy 6 rounds at the start of the draft, so if you want to start on the clock before Sunday, I'll have to decline. Just let me know--I'll be around all day today. Thanks!!

2/16/2012 7:44 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New Progressive - The Decade Comparison (Need 1) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.