NEW 1963 J4M formula Progressive - FULL Topic

Will be updating original post with a full set of rules later today.

One spot left to get in on the ground floor of a great new progressive
4/23/2020 10:59 AM
yes, count me in please.
4/23/2020 2:01 PM
Posted by harrelson on 4/23/2020 2:01:00 PM (view original):
yes, count me in please.
Awesome! Great to have you Harrelson! I’ll add you to the private forum here in a bit.

I will use random.org to generate the draft order for the inaugural draft, and will post results in the forum. If I end up with the #1 pick I will re-generate the order.
4/23/2020 3:49 PM
Posted by dannino on 4/22/2020 11:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chargingryno on 4/21/2020 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by contrarian23 on 4/21/2020 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Thanks - totally agree on real names.

One other request:
-- Please set "minors salary cap" to off
I can do that. Or at the very least make sure it’s in the rules.

if anyone has any other suggestions for rule sets, like preferences between 8/8 or 4/4/4/4 league set ups, I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions. Right now I like the 4/4/4/4 but if anyone has a good argument for 8/8 I could be persuaded :)
When TrentonJoe had WIBHL, it was 8/8. He also had a rule that the team with the best record that failed to make the World Series had the #1 pick in Round 1 of the draft (remaining rounds were by order of finish). I always thought that was a unique way to reward a very good team that suffered under the circumstances.

On the other hand, 4/4/4/4 does allow for more teams to make the playoffs. Kallison1's True Rookie League was initially a 16-team league in this format, and in season 1, I won 115 games...and missed the playoffs! During the 12 or so seasons we were a 16-team league, I won my division once, in the last season of that format. And the other three owners dominated by winning most of the World Series!

So I'm good with either solution.
I like the 8/8 . only because the best teams will be rewarded to make the playoffs . just my 3 cents. maybe a league vote. not sure if you have decided .
5/8/2020 11:34 AM
◂ Prev 12345
NEW 1963 J4M formula Progressive - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.