1978 Jubilee League - full Topic

Jubilee Progressive

The Jubilee progressive is based on the concept that every 7 years, in times gone by, slaves were freed, debts forgiven and property restored. That final point is the concept the Jubilee Revisited Progressive League (JRPL) is based. League owners have the player rights to their chosen franchise returned to them every seven seasons. During the six seasons between, via rookie draft and trades, owners try to improve their franchise beyond what their MLB counterparts were able to field and best that MLB Won/Loss Percentage. That is a personally satisfying (or discouraging) unique challenge to the league. The other challenge is much more traditional....make the playoffs, win the World Series.

We're starting the playoffs of 1977, working towards the 1978 draft, and we need a new owner for the California Angels. Their current roster is listed below. You would control the team and make trades, drafts, etc. through the end of 1980, and in 1981, you would get a clean slate and your roster would become the real-life 1981 roster for you to work with for the next cycle.

The draft order is based upon your franchise's real-life finish instead of how your team performs in the progressive league, so there is no benefit in tanking. Take ownership of your Angels today and select who you want to keep. As soon as your keepers are in, I'll have the draft set up within a few days.

This has been a pretty stable league, as this is the first new owner I've had to recruit since the jubilee of 1975. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested in running the Angels!
3/12/2022 12:54 AM (edited)
Current 1977 California Angels roster

C - Gary Carter
C - Duffy Dyer
1B - Mike Jorgensen
1B - Jason Thompson
2B - Steve Dillard
2B - Jerry Remy
3B - Enos Cabell
SS - Dave Chalk
OF - Bruce Bochte
OF - Dave Collins
OF - Larry Herndon
OF - Jerry Mumphrey
OF - Mickey Rivers
OF - Leroy Stanton
P - Don Aase
P - Bill Castro
P - Adrian Devine
P - Ed Figueroa
P - Andy Hassler
P - Don Kirkwood
P - Bob McClure
P - Dave Rozema
P - Nolan Ryan
P - Frank Tanana
P - Pablo Torrealba
2/24/2022 11:18 PM
I am interested! When is the season over? I will traveling late in March and won’t be returning until early April.
2/25/2022 10:53 AM
Posted by poppapomp on 2/25/2022 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I am interested! When is the season over? I will traveling late in March and won’t be returning until early April.
Thanks for your interest! The regular season ends on March 11, so add to that several days for the playoffs and world series, we'll hopefully get started with the draft clock somewhere in the neighborhood of March 20 if all goes well.
2/25/2022 10:53 PM
Posted by mattedesa on 2/25/2022 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by poppapomp on 2/25/2022 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I am interested! When is the season over? I will traveling late in March and won’t be returning until early April.
Thanks for your interest! The regular season ends on March 11, so add to that several days for the playoffs and world series, we'll hopefully get started with the draft clock somewhere in the neighborhood of March 20 if all goes well.
Thanks anyway but it workout. I don’t want to hold up the draft or have anyone covering me during the draft.

Im sure you’ll get a new owner. Being one of the owners from the beginning it’s really a fun league.
2/26/2022 10:39 AM
I expect someone will be interested, too, poppa, but if that's not the case, I'll get back with you.
2/27/2022 8:52 PM
Posted by mattedesa on 2/27/2022 8:52:00 PM (view original):
I expect someone will be interested, too, poppa, but if that's not the case, I'll get back with you.
Sounds like great deal, thanks!
2/28/2022 10:59 AM
Still looking for one - secure your team now and be prepared for the draft!
3/2/2022 6:11 PM
Angels have been a solid team, and they've got a strong core. Gotta love a battery of Nolan Ryan and Gary Carter!
3/4/2022 12:32 PM
Only 9 games left in the season - now's the perfect time to get in. Plenty of time to get your team ready without having to wait too long for the draft!
3/8/2022 10:08 PM
Regular season ends tomorrow - choose your keepers now!
3/10/2022 10:18 PM
Playoffs are beginning - as soon as you claim your team and send me your keepers, I'll have the available player list up and draft ready within a few days!
3/12/2022 12:56 AM (edited)
Thanks to sjstapleton for taking this team!
3/13/2022 10:27 PM
1978 Jubilee League - full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.