1978 Progressive Franchise Twist expanding- FULL! Topic

What started as a 16-team progressive in 1959 is now entering 1978 and we'd like to expand to 24 teams.

We currently are at 22 and need to add 2 franchises to take this journey through the years.

These are the available franchises (once you choose a franchise you own them forever, unless you decide to leave or switch to an open franchise):

CLEVELAND
MINNESOTA
TEXAS
TORONTO


***Yep...when we take a franchise we all know there are some bad years mixed in, but that's the price for getting to keep your squad during the good years. I've suffered with tons of Mets L's just waiting for the 80's

RULES
Twist the 1978 season for your teams roster.....and every subsequent season until the present...and beyond!

If you are new to the "twist" concept it means that you can use any season of a players career, as long as he played at least 1 game with your selected team that season. (Use https://www.baseball-reference.com/) For example, if a player played 1 game for the Cardinals in 1978, then he is eligible to be used, and you can draft any season of his career.

Twist every season after that as we go along.

*$108m for your initial 25-man roster you draft

*We MANUALLY DRAFT UP TO 6/6 AAA - Each AAA player has a max of $1.5m salary. (the purpose of this is for depth and these players still must come from the real roster for your team)

DH in BOTH leagues
No WW
No Clones
Use Stadium used by your team

ALIGNMENT IS FIRST TO WORST EVERY YEAR BASED ON WIN PCT. (So AL West is the worst teams)
8/18/2022 10:05 AM (edited)
I’ll play with San Diego Padres
8/17/2022 6:02 PM
GREAT! 3 to go. I'll get you info as soon as I create the league #. Want to make sure we lock in 24

Definitely some good franchises that would be fun to have in the 80s and 90s and beyond

***Yep...when we take a franchise we all know there are some bad years mixed in, but that's the price for getting to keep your squad during the good years. I've suffered with tons of Mets L's just waiting for the 80's
8/17/2022 6:53 PM (edited)
I'll take Oakland...
8/18/2022 7:17 AM
Thanks contrarian. I figured they’d go next. Will send info soon

2 to go
8/18/2022 10:04 AM
My team is ready to go...they won't be _good_ in 1978, but hopefully they won't be as terrible as the real 1978 A's....

Not sure WHAT Charley O was thinking of with this team, except it may have been a real-life version of Major League where he wanted the team to be SO bad that no one would care if he moved them. The collapse of the A's from the 1969-76 juggernaut to the awful depths of 1977-79 has few precedents in MLB history. I seem to recall Denver was in the conversation at that time...
8/18/2022 10:42 AM
He was doing some shady stuff back then
8/18/2022 10:46 AM
I’ll take Cleveland (Please read sm and tell me I understand correctly)
8/18/2022 11:34 AM
I would like to take Texas
8/18/2022 12:17 PM
You both have those franchises and we are full!!

league number coming soon
8/18/2022 1:22 PM
1978 Progressive Franchise Twist expanding- FULL! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.