Dirty Dozen 1962 Need Four Expansion Teams Topic

Hey everyone - Dirty Dozen League is expanding from 12 to 16 teams for the 1962 season. We have a dedicated group of 12 owners and would welcome all owners veteran or rookies to join our group.

Once we have 4 new owners (and draft wont be until the new year) will randomize the order. The current 12 teams all get to protect 12 players from their 1961 rosters. All unprotected players are available for the expansion draft. All current teams will lose 5 players. So then each of the four new teams will have 15 players to start with, and will then be drafting 10 players in the 1962 draft, in reverse order from the expansion draft order.

We have tried to stay historically accurate with the cities and stadiums, but you can choose your own nickname. Eg. I have the Cleveland Mob, currently in Cleveland Stadium. As teams move, so do you (eg. St. Louis became Baltimore in 1954). We started by the way in 1920.

These Cities/Stadiums are available for 1962 - am looking for two AL and two NL teams.

AL
Los Angeles (Angels) - Dodger Stadium
Chicago (White Sox) - Comiskey I
Kansas City (Athletics) - Municipal Stadium
Washington (Senators) - DC Stadium

NL
St. Louis (Cardinals) - Busch I
Houston (Colt 45's) - Colt Stadium
Chicago (Cubs) - Wrigley
New York (Mets) - Polo V


12/7/2023 4:14 PM (edited)
Its a fun league, so let me know ASAP.
12/7/2023 2:01 PM
League rules are pretty standard - no DH either league (its 1962!) but will adopt DH for 1973 season. Two divisions, interleague play, allow SIM AAA players. Division winners advance to World Series. Pretty quick turnaround since its a small league. Draft order is worst to first with a first round draft lottery for bottom 4 finishers.
12/7/2023 2:07 PM
LA Angels appear to be taken
12/7/2023 10:22 PM
I'll take the Washington team.
12/7/2023 11:07 PM
So you really have no ties to an expansion franchise except the stadium?
12/8/2023 12:00 PM
I will take LA Angels. Thank you.
12/8/2023 12:03 PM
I'll take Houston
12/8/2023 12:29 PM
I’ll take the last NL team and play at Wrigley.
12/8/2023 12:59 PM
OK so its

LA (Angels)
Washington (Senators)
Houston (Colt 45s)
Chicago (Cubs)

I'll update everyone in January when we're doing the expansion draft.
12/8/2023 6:22 PM
Dirty Dozen 1962 Need Four Expansion Teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.