*** 8/4 pm games *** Topic

colonels,

- Sorry I said 8/5, should have been 8/4.

- Never said everyone was penalized. Everyone was potentially penalized. We obviously have no way of knowing who was unable to use the page. But obviously some people had already gameplanned, so technically they weren't penalized by the bug.

- We got 1 ticket about the initial bug, but at least 9 or 10 about the broken page preventing them from gameplanning. That's a lot of tickets for NBA, so I'm sure there were at least 3 times that many that ran into the problem but didn't submit a ticket.

- The rerun of games was on 8/5 PM, so everyone had all morning on 8/5 to gameplan. So anyone who logged on to check the 8/5 AM game would've seen what happened and had time to re-gameplan for the wiped game.
8/8/2008 1:06 PM
So, Seble, if there's a bug that doesn't affect everyone - do you make it a habit to reset everyone's games?

I just don't get your logic. I understand what you're trying to say, I just don't agree with the end result. And remember - I won before and after, so it's not like I lost game 7 of a playoff series because of this.
8/8/2008 4:01 PM
My point is that it potentially did affect everyone. We just don't know who it did and didn't affect.
8/8/2008 4:31 PM
Everything has potential.
A worm, for example, has potential to land on the moon.
While not very likely, a worm can crawl inside a space shuttle in the time the door is open and just as unlikely crawl out the door on the moon.
But it can be done.
Worm on the moon, my friend. Worm on the moon.

Again, I understand what you're saying. I just don't agree.
And it doesn't sound like very many people here do, either.
8/8/2008 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 8/08/2008colonels,

So anyone who logged on to check the 8/5 AM game would've seen what happened and had time to re-gameplan for the wiped game.

This is the real problem Seble. I saw the game erased and thought something is screwed up, i'm sure the result will end up being put back up.

What needed to happen was a big huge sign on my team page saying what exactly had happened and that the site would be down at least 1 day to allow everyone to get caught up. I really didn't think we would replay that game. After all, most of us didn't even know there was a problem or a repair.

In closing: I agree replaying the games was probably necessary, but let us know what's up first. I woulda been livid if I lost a playoff game or something.
8/8/2008 5:23 PM
I think replaying the games was a big disadvantage to those teams who won the original game. I lost the original game with one type of gameplan, but when the game was erased, I had a chance to hop in the Delorean and change my gameplan accordingly. ANNNDDD?? well... I still lost, but you get my point...
8/8/2008 6:00 PM
I understand your arguments. It wasn't something I wanted to do, but it simply wasn't fair to those who couldn't prepare for the game. A re-run at least lets both coaches start over on equal ground with preparation.

Badja, after wiping the games I made this sticky forum post and posted a note on the Team Center page pointing to the post. I could have sent out a sitemail, which maybe I should have. I figured anyone who was confused would check the forums, the Team Center, or submit a ticket (which a bunch did).
8/8/2008 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 8/08/2008My point is that it potentially did affect everyone. We just don't know who it did and didn't affect
THUS YOU CANNOT/SHOULD NOT CHANGE ANYTHING
8/8/2008 8:36 PM
seble rulez!
8/9/2008 3:51 PM
I had my starters set playing down to half their minutes in the conference finals because I swept and they were fatigued, then at the start of the finals was unable to put their minutes back up because of that error. As a result I lost the game, but seble reset it so I won. Thanks seble!
8/13/2008 8:06 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
8/13/2008 8:08 PM
◂ Prev 12345
*** 8/4 pm games *** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.