Injuries/Playoff fatigue - *Updated* Topic

good post, nabo... useful info.
11/7/2008 5:42 PM
Ashley, you're asking to have players' minutes that you didn't pay for. That distorts the entire concept of the cap. I don't for a second believe that Stockton, or anybody for that matter, could play 46 minutes per game, every game, in the Playoffs and still be at 100%. By that point in the season, everyone is a bit warn down and beat-up. They may play those "extra" minutes over what they did during the regular season, but no way they're still at 100% after a couple.
11/7/2008 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ashamael on 10/27/2008yeah... the "tanking" syndrome is annoying to say the least. Yet it's not unbeatable. I just had an incredible series with someone who tanked in game 2 so they could play 4 of their starters 48 minutes. I was down 3-1 and came back, but I'd rather see more realism. A lot of people take greater issue with this tanking strategy than I do, but I still hate seeing scores of 160 - 12, just to see Wesley Person play 48 mpg for 5 straight
Yep. I played the same guy and got burned by it. Please change that crap.

I would like to see bench players not penalized for playing in a blowout to rest the starters. Minutes in a blowout should be different from minutes in a meanful situation.
11/9/2008 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ashamael on 10/27/2008yeah... the "tanking" syndrome is annoying to say the least. Yet it's not unbeatable. I just had an incredible series with someone who tanked in game 2 so they could play 4 of their starters 48 minutes. I was down 3-1 and came back, but I'd rather see more realism. A lot of people take greater issue with this tanking strategy than I do, but I still hate seeing scores of 160 - 12, just to see Wesley Person play 48 mpg for 5 straight
Yep. I played the same guy and got burned by it. Please change that crap.

I would like to see bench players not penalized for playing in a blowout to rest the starters. Minutes in a blowout should be different from minutes in a meanful situation.
11/9/2008 5:21 PM
The injury changes are now out there. Essentially injuries for heavily fatigued players will increase quite a bit. Injuries for players that are not severely fatigued may increase slightly, but should still be pretty rare.

Also, you're no longer allowed to waive players while they're injured.

And technical fouls have been removed.
11/12/2008 8:23 AM
It's a start, but you don't seem to have addressed the practice of maxing out players for multiple games in a row.
11/14/2008 10:52 AM
I am currently facing somoen who is maxing out his players and he is 7 games deep in the playoffs. His 83% Nash just dropped 35+ pts and 22 ast on 50% shooting ......excuse me where is the penalty there exactly? Plus 2 of his other starters are 5 MPG OVER their target mins 7 games in and in the last game they JUST fell fatigue wise.....................to a whopping 98%. Stupid. and yes I submitted a ticket
6/15/2009 7:12 PM
Yeah, i got beat by a team I trounced all year long (and had like 20 more wins than) who was severely fatigued, whereas I was completely fresh.

Kind of frustrating.
6/15/2009 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ashamael on 6/15/2009Yeah, i got beat by a team I trounced all year long (and had like 20 more wins than) who was severely fatigued, whereas I was completely fresh.

Kind of frustrating
agreed and my team is 70-12 in the reg season, OL go figure
6/15/2009 10:13 PM
to update his Nasah got hurt and now is injured, he only played 10 mins last game and a scrub Hubert Davis played 32 mins off the bench.......and I still lost. Its comical at this point but oh well that is th eSIM nowadays.
6/16/2009 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 10/27/2008Quick heads up for you guys. In the next few weeks we're going to make a couple tweaks to the game.

Injuries (both single-game and multi-game) will become more common for severely fatigued players. This shouldn't affect most players, but the ones that are being abused will become more injury-prone. We'll be focusing that on guys that are below 50% and especially on 0% guys.

Also, we're going to take a look at the playoff fatigue system. Currently it's become common to max out starters' minutes for multiple games without fatigue. While we intentionally built in a little more wiggle room for the playoffs, it seems to loose right now.

The injury update will likely come first, maybe next week. The playoff fatigue update may take a little longer.

**** Update ****
The injury changes are now out there. Essentially injuries for heavily fatigued players will increase quite a bit. Injuries for players that are not severely fatigued may increase slightly, but should still be pretty rare.

Also, you're no longer allowed to waive players while they're injured.

And technical fouls have been removed
yes and quite realistic since my team has 8 of 12 players injured, this game sucks the big one and the person responsible for allowing multiple injuries where a team can't play with 5 players should be canned!
7/8/2009 5:51 PM
What kind of league is your team in? Is it an open or theme league? It's pretty tough to end up with so many injuries...your team must be very short on minutes.
7/8/2009 8:28 PM
Looking up earlier, one of his teams, I think probably the one he was talking about, has something like just over 17000 minutes.
7/31/2009 12:19 PM
I think the current game is unrealistic on 3 point attempts. A look at 3 point shooting leaders in my Ogden Canyon league shows the top 21 guys over 50% after 23 games. This is why the same players show up on so many teams.

I agree the defensive ratings don't seem to be worth what they cost. It peeves me when I pay for a good defender and Peja or Allen put up 35 points.

I do not like coaches who play their guys 48 minutes in the playoffs either. It violates the spirit of the game. I called a guy on it once and he stopped. To go an entire season with a team that might win it all only to be knocked out by a lesser team having starters do 48 is something I despise. I don't like spending six weeks on a team and then see it eliminated in that manner.

One way to stop the 48 minute abuse is to do the playoff fatigue counting only the current game minutes. update fatigue at every break in the action in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. A guy who normally plays 40 minutes and fouled out in game one should not be allowed to make up ten minutes missed in the next game.

Regular season fatigue should go by each game also. Any player 10% over their normal minutes for a game should get fatigue even if their year to date minutes are ok.

I think we all agree with ashleyscott that playoffs should allow for more minutes per starter. It seems 10% is about right to me. The 20% ashley suggests seems too high. That would take a 40 minute player to 48 with no fatigue in the playoffs.
44 would seem right in this example. Somebody smarter than me figure out overtime.

Regular season minutes played should have nothing to do with playoff minutes. Resting a team before the playoffs or getting a first round bye should have no effect because all teams get at least one day off between games in real life.

9/15/2009 3:22 AM
◂ Prev 123
Injuries/Playoff fatigue - *Updated* Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.