pull hitting and ballpark selection Topic

Does anybody know if the sim engine builds in any variation in pull hitting? My unscientific observation seems to indicate that power hitters hit more hr to their "pull" field. But do contact hitters also pull the ball more often or are they programmed to hit to all fields?

I ask because I am about to select a park for a two season progressive (one power year and one deadball year) and then do my first inaugural draft. I know park effects are not that great, but I will be living with my park for a long time and I would like to know whatever it is possible to know before making my choices.

I know I could write a ticket, but I doubt I would get a useful answer, so I am wondering if anybody has any knowledge or observations that would help.
9/27/2009 11:21 PM
My belief was that all hitters are assumed to be pull hitters and favor their "pull" field regardless of the type of hit or out.
9/28/2009 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By zubinsum on 9/28/2009My belief was that all hitters are assumed to be pull hitters and favor their "pull" field regardless of the type of hit or out
zubinsum, is that just a feeling or do you have evidence to back it up?
9/28/2009 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By reddfoxx on 9/28/2009zubinsum, is that just a feeling or do you have evidence to back it up
No I do not have hard evidence. It is a hypothesis that is backed only by hearsay. I believe JohnGPF, tho it could have been another knowledgable user, once indicated that all hitters are considered pull hitters in the sim.
9/28/2009 1:29 PM
I'm fairly certain that admin has told us that all hitters are assumed to be pull hitters.
9/28/2009 1:53 PM
ALL HITTERS ARE PULL HITTERS

--- BOOGERLIPS ---
9/28/2009 4:29 PM
...they're pull hitters, but it's nothing extreme...
9/29/2009 8:43 AM
Thanks guys
9/29/2009 2:20 PM
pull hitting and ballpark selection Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.